Can we run two MMC devices (Frontier Tranzport & DM4800) simultaneously on the same DAW?

Jean-Pierre Pineau

From
Rimouski (Quebec) Canada
Gear owned
Tascam DM-4800 and stuff
I own a Frontier Tranzport. I am curious to know if and how it works in parallel with the DM's Mackie Machine Control. I have tried to have both functioning, but while my mixer is working just fine to control my soft rig, the Tranzport seems to be unable to operate its tricks in parallel. Do I have to disconnect the MMC from the DM4800 to get it to work? Before I reset the DM4800, the Tranzport worked OK but the DM4800 MMC portion was not in use in my DAW (SONAR- last incarnation on W10 Pro)...

I see some of you have this setup and I would like to get that info.
Thanks in advance!

Here it works fine with Cubase - and in parallel with the DM. But I couldn't tell you what to do in Sonar. In Cubase it is just another remote device or whatever it's called..

Thank you Arjan. I've just dug a little bit more, following your message, and it was the usual Code 18 case. My bad, again! There's a little issue remaining though. I can use the Tranzport while keeping the DM "online" but the DM's commands are bypassed even if they remain visible... Still, I am sure it is a little unchecked box, let alone somewhere, I have to find out...

Last edited:
Reactions: Arjan P
I have:

2 Frontier Tranzports
1 Steinberg CC121
2 DM3200 (Remote Layer)
1 Tascam US-2400 controller
1 Punchlight

All hooked up to the same PC working simultaneously without conflict.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.