Cannot format SD card

Doug Ward

Gear owned
tascam Model 24
I have a brand new tascam model 24.

I cannot for the life of me get it to format a new SD card.

The specs (https://tascam.com/us/product/model_24/spec) indicate the following specifications for the SD card:

SD (512MB to 2GB), SDHC (4GB to 32GB), SDXC (64GB to 512GB), Class 10 or higher required.

I'm trying to use a Transcend 32GB SDXC/SDHC 300S Memory Card TS32GSDC300S, which seems to be a supported media.

I am getting an "Invalid Card Change Card" message.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Doug Ward

Last edited:
Is your firmware up to date?

Does the Model 24 come with a TASCAM-provided SD card so you can boot it out of the box? If so, can you use that to see if your firmware's up to date?

If you don't have a TASCAM-provided boot SD card, you might want to try Sandisk instead. Sandisk has an excellent reputation for reliability.

Does your computer recognize/format the SD card?

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud: I'd try formatting the SD card on a PC first and see if the Model 24 can mount it. If so, then I would immediately format it in the machine. It sounds like the new cards might not mount because of formatting issues.

Unfortunately, the unit does not come with an SD card. But @mjk's idea to format it on my computer first is worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get my SD Card(s) to work by first formatting them on the Mac. Perhaps I can try formatting them on an PC.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.