CF-Card error message

snafu

Veteran
From
Germany
Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200 + IF-FW_DMMK II
Hi,

I have a problem these days I had earlier about two or three years ago: whenever I power on my DM3200 the message "Project data and resume data are different. The project data is loaded ENTER key: from internal memory. CURSOR key: from CF card".

Now back then, I just bought a new CF card, created my projects anew, and the problem was gone.

As I said before - at the latest, this has been three years ago. And a CF card should last a bit longer?

Now, I am not sure whether the CF-card is the problem alltogether! The message does ALSO appear if I save my project, and then turn down my Dm with Shft+Ctrl+Alt and then pressing Enter (the way I ALWAYS power down my DM).

Did anyone encounter the same problem? Any ideas? I do not want to buy another CF card - these bastards are very expensive!!!

regards
snafu

Project data and resume data are different. The project data is loaded ENTER key: from internal memory. CURSOR key: from CF card
I do recognize this sometimes - and I also always shut down this same way - but it's certainly not always, maybe 1 in 10 times. I simply disregard, since everything works fine after choosing either option..

THe CF card I use has been in there for the last 10 years and wasn't touched that whole time - maybe a few times to check after people had issues here..

Reactions: snafu
Experience here as well when I do an improper shutdown.

Reactions: snafu
Experience here as well when I do an improper shutdown.

Hey Arjan and Cmaffia,

well, I do not perform an improper shutdown. As I said: Even if I store the project, and then imediately turn the DM off (and perform the proper shutdown by pressing Enter, and waiting for the power down message), I surely get the afore mentioned error message on the next re-boot.

Despite all this: earlier this day I saved the CF card to my hard drive, formatted the CF card and re-wrote the saved data back to it.

I had my DM 2x now turned on and off during sessions - the error message (for now) is gone!

So, for what ever reason this did the trick this time - and maybe it is just coincidence^^

All in all it is or may not be such a bummer - but with every year my DM gets older, I become more and more hypochondriac, because I fear something irreversibly broken :-/

No, I was just saying I do proper shutdowns like you, and sometimes get that message anyway. But only once in a while so that's why I disregard them.

Let's hope your CF-card rewrite did the trick, looks promising anyway!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.