Changed name on songs - now there is no sound

nfuture

Gear owned
tascam model 12
Hi, first post. Have been searching the forum for an answer, but with little success. Hopefully I am not making a fool out of myself if the answer to my question is obvious.

We had a great recording session last weekend. Recorded a bunch of songs, but execised a bad naming routine (too much fun recording...:) . When I came home, I wanted to share the files with my band mates, so I changed the names to make it easier for them to separate the different songs. The files are fine, and everything plays nicely in my DAW - but when I try to play them on my Model 12 there is no sound. There are some songs on the SD card that I didn't rename, and they work just as expected.

The .sys file is there, all the tracks are there. I am sure it has something to do with the names of the songs. Is it not possible to rename songs on the computer? How can I fix this...? The old names are numeric/generic. Tried to change back, but I am not sure that I got it right - nevertheless, the songs/tracks are completely silent - bout in MTR mode and SD main mix return.

Please help.... :)

I found this post - https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.php?p=15143511&postcount=351

The post states that renaming the files in the MTR folder will mess up the model 12’s ability to manage the files but since they are WAV files, you may be limited to using them in the DAW and trying to reassemble (or reprint) them on the Model 12. good luck!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.