Changing effect values on Tascam 2488 mkii

Mic Alini

Gear owned
Tascam 2488 mkii
I seem to be having trouble changing effect parameters on Single Effect (actually all effect parameters). It seems only the top most parameter is adjustable. I can't move cursor or jog to any of the values below. I sure would like to change effect time, level, etc ... Please help :)

Thanks

Once in that menu system, the up/down left/right buttons should allow you to navigate the parameters and the dial should adjust them...

Have you applied the effect to a channel..IOW held down the Single button and then pressed the channel to apply to it?

Do the arrow buttons function in other menu systems of the machine?

Do you get some effect on the channel when you increase the Send value?

Hi Jason,

I have assigned and applied effects to a channel. And am using effects on recordings. the only parameter I can change on Reverb is Room, Studio, Live, Hall. The cursor does not go up, down, or across. The dial just changes hall, room, studio, live. The directional keys work in other menu functions.
All my recordings are sounding same because cant shape effects :(

Thanks for your help my friend

hmmmm

when I go into this menu by hitting the Single button it highlights the effect type.. Hall/Studio/Live etc .. I can then use the down "cursor" to change down to the values below.

Have you tried hitting Yes/Enter button to load custom effects from that menu??? Maybe one of those reacts differently?

gotta think there is a way to make it behave...

I hit enter and it goes to a list of effects and cursors move up and down to select them, but there are no parameters. It has to be broke :(

I even tried saving an effect as USER thinking the others are not editable, still nothing

If I perform a restore will I lose my songs?

It is working now! I did nothing! Go figure. Thanks Jason for your help :)

Awesome... glad I could do nothing.. :)

Lemme know if you don;t need help in the future, and I will see what I can't do.. .

lmao

New threads

Members online