Confused about drivers for DM3200

snafu

Veteran
From
Germany
Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200 + IF-FW_DMMK II
Hello everyone,

it's been a while, and beg your pardon if this may bring up long discussed topics - actually I made my way through the beta driver sticky but I feel a bit lost.

There seem to be different drivers, different versions for different OS and different builds - so far so good.

I'm still on Win 7 Pro / 64 bit, and intend to stay. My DM3200 currently is on Version..ah, wait for it... her it is:

under UTILITY it reads
- Mixer 1.70 (1121513)
- Updater BL1 (103399)

my IF-FW/DMMKII shows the following:
- Firmware Version 1.10 (88685)
- Driver Version 1.21 (116606)

So I guess I'm not really up to date, am I? So which is the current Version I should aim for? It seems I can't find any new Firmware-Versions - is that so?

best regards, and thanks for replying
snafu

I'm also on W7Pro-64, and yes, there are newer versions. Not sure where and how I got those versions though..

Mixer firmware: 1.72b3 (168046)
Updater: BL1 (55754)
IFFW-DMmk2 firmware: I believe still 1.10..?
IFFW-DMmk2 Win driver: 1.30f9 (176851)
TMC Mixer Companion: 1.51 (90372)

Thanks Arjan - I found in the sticky this one as download: IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release

Can anyone confirm whether this a recent one or if there is a newer one? And where to get all the other newer drivers?

Read that whole first page of that thread, it gives you a URL and login to the dev area which has the latest stuff, if that's the one at the top of the sticked thread that's not the latest one.

Gerk, your post points to my problem again: the links on the first page of the sticky seem to point to older versions: iffwdmkii_Setup_172407.zip, which I assume is not the newest one.

On page 6, BmanPros Post, the link will take you to a page where you must enter a username (iffwdm) and a password (firefly). Then you enter a very old fashioned page with lots of drivers and firmware. I think, that's what I was looking for.

The following can be found:
DM-3200/DM-4800
Firmware V1.72b3 - cascade fix for remote layer
dm3200_V172_168046_Trunk.tfi 4.3MB
dm4800_V172_168008_Trunk.tfi 5.3MB
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f10
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_188754_Release.dmg (MAC) 366KB
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f9
IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release.exe (WIN) 1.0MB
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_185483_Release.dmg (MAC) 233KB
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f8
IFFWDMmkII_Setup_175081_Release.exe (WIN) 1.1MB
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f6
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_173294_Release.dmg (MAC) 318KB
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f5
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_172407_Release.dmg (MAC) 318KB
IFFWDMmkII_Setup_172407_Release.zip (PC) 0.97 MB
IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f4
IFFWDMmkII_Installer_165078_Release.zip (MAC) 318KB
IFFWDMmkII_Setup_165078_Release.zip (PC) 0.97 MB

So, since every link in the sticky is valid but points to different versions you have to play the "highest number wins"-game or fight your way through the whole sticky to find out which version my serve you best. C'mon, this is not very "sticky" if you're fresh to the topic, is it?

There seems to be no History, unfortunatelly. So, my best guess is Firmware V1.72b3 as well as IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f9. Wished, someone would clean up this mess or at least give an actual statement at the sticky-Pages :)

Here's the secret:

All drivers are located (and always will be located first) in the FTP site. They are numbered with the latest entries going from top to bottom with the highest version number being the most recent (ending with..f4, f5, f6, f8, f9, f10)

IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f10 - Latest Driver
Firmware V1.72b3 - Latest Firmware

If you don't have a 2nd DM3200 (or 4800) or if you do and you're not cascading them, then there's absolutely no need to update the firmware past version 1.70. It only exists to fix a bug that occurs in the remote layer when cascading 2 machines and nothing more.

I have to agree about the sticky; it is 10 pages now, with lots of unrelated or slightly related discussion inbetween. Maybe this one can be unstuck and a new one created, or two new ones - mac and PC?

BTW, I don't think there's anything against using firmware 1.72b3, even without owning two cascaded DMs - if I recall correctly there also were some UI improvements done in the process.

@Arjan P Agree about the cleanup of the thread as it is confusing that the FTP site isn't referenced as the first post.

Thank you Arjan, thank you cmaffia!

Just in addition: if you're new to the topic (just as I am), and want some quick answers, the sticky thread is more of a show stopper than an actual help. I guess most people would start on the first page, as I did, look up the date time of the posts and jump right to the last page, just to realize they have to go back and go through the whole thread. Then, eventually, you'll end up at the FTP site.

Your replies helped me a great deal - I really appreciate the help in this forum, so thanks once again :)

P.S.:
...if I recall correctly there also were some UI improvements done in the process.
That's where a nice history of events or a clearly stating header would come into play ;-)

As an idea, I'm thinking it should be a locked sticky with the link & logon credentials for the FTP site with an overall explanation of what the site contains. Any related discussions can be topics created like any other post. Code history for each release will be a little more challenging as this would have to come from RedBus directly.

Regarding the firmware upgrade, I still can't find anything stating there were any UI improvements, just the cascade/remote layer bug fix. If there were any, it would be nice for it to be confirmed for documentation purposes.

I have a personal email from Redbus regarding V1.71:

The only thing that changes in V1.71 is the fix for Cascaded Remote
Layers.

Not sure what was changed in subsequent versions leading up to the latest beta.

I think that a sticky that gives the url and username and password that explains a bit about getting the drivers, etc would be better than the current one. A lot of replies are the same ... scroll down to about the 6th post and find the info on the url with the username and password and then login there and get the latest of _______ (whatever you're looking for).

Regarding the firmware upgrade, I still can't find anything stating there were any UI improvements, just the cascade/remote layer bug fix.
No sorry, that's my bad. I was thinking of the various 1.30fX IFFW driver versions, where inbetween UI improvements were made. Nothing to do with mixer firmware, pls disregard.

@Arjan P Darn! I was hoping I missed a more recent firmware upgrade that displayed the LCD in color! :p

Reactions: Arjan P
Hello!
username (iffwdm) and a password (firefly) doesnt work I cant downloadt drivers :((( Pleas help me!

The issue is being worked on and should be back online by end of day today.

were can i locate these redbus beta drivers for the
IF-FW/DMMKII and tascam dm32

Hi all!
none of those links were functioning when i tried them (for hours on end) any pointers? or a direct download or fileshare link? or a fish sandwich maybe?
Thanks,
Chris

Here is a link to the IF-FW/DMmkII 116806 driver, and this one is for the 176851 driver.
176851 to my knowledge is a beta driver, and the "newest" available - it is my to go driver with the DM3200 under Windows Pro 64 bit.

I just uploaded them - links should be good for 14 days. Have fun :)

Hi Snafu could you please reupload driver 176851 ?
Cheers

Link to download should be in your pm-inbox right now ;)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.