Console Automation Systems

@skier Sounds to me like both you and @Arjan P will not have much difficulty transitioning to working entirely ITB if / when our beloved DM's decide that they have had enough.
In my case, no, that's not true at all. I carefully save and recall DM mixer scenes because they contain crucial information about the mix (including effects send levels). I just don't use DM automation but that's about it. Transitioning to entirely ITB would for me also mean that I would have to use the Cubase control room, which I don't do at the moment since the DM does that too..

Reactions: -mjk-
@Arjan P Then I stand corrected. Funny that you should mention Control Room. Because, I was toying around with that feature in CB this past week. It really does mimic what we can do on the DM. In so far as Cues, Headphone mix, additional monitoring, etc..

Pretty cool.

@-mjk- Is Automate part of the DAW that you are using. I believe that you had mentioned Reaper as your DAW. I was hoping to read up on it but came across nothing via google.

Standalone application that works with Reaper and the X32 via the OSC protocol.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Not much to it, really. A friend of my girlfriend knew the program manager at a local FM radio station in NY and had mentioned to him that they had a friend (me) that composed, played, and produced his own music. The PM said he'd like to hear some of my songs. So I sent a CD with several and he especially liked one that was an energetic, Santana-like, rock/blues song with a quasi-rock/Latin beat and he had it played on the air several times. I didn't have any CDs produced to sell, so it wasn't as if I was planning or expecting it to be some big hit.

Peter, I wish I could tell you that it was number 1 on the Hit Parade in 2014 or 15; but alas, such was not to be. That's why I'm here and you got to know me. Yeah, I know; now you have to decide if that fact is a gift or a curse - I get that a lot. :rolleyes:

In my case, no, that's not true at all. I carefully save and recall DM mixer scenes because they contain crucial information about the mix (including effects send levels). I just don't use DM automation but that's about it. Transitioning to entirely ITB would for me also mean that I would have to use the Cubase control room, which I don't do at the moment since the DM does that too..

Someday I'm going to drop by your place and have you walk me through your studio.

Reactions: Arjan P and skier
YEAH! Keep that thought. Because I don't sing, and in fact, actually prefer instrumental music, it's what I create. As a result, I generally get comments like: "I like the music, but there's no singing; where's the singing?" I guess most people do want singing, where, all my life, I've always tuned in to the guitar lead, or the keyboard lead, or the mandolin lead, etc. For that reason, I've come to feel that the market for my music is somewhat limited and that I should not give up my day job.

There may be a person or persons on this forum that could contribute vocal tracks to your productions. But there is always a market for instrumental music.

Reactions: skier
@skier said:

Unless I ever feel that there truly is a market for my music, I will not make the investment to have my songs mastered.

Yeah, don't spend money on that. Many of us here on the forum can master your tunes for whatever medium you need.

Someday I'm going to drop by your place and have you walk me through your studio.
You are most welcome! Not sure how realistic it is, with a 12 hour flight between us, but do let me know if you ever are 'nearby'..

Reactions: skier and -mjk-
@Arjan P When it happens, it would be that KLM from Taipei-Bangkok-Amsterdam!

Reactions: skier and Arjan P
@skier said:
Yeah, don't spend money on that. Many of us here on the forum can master your tunes for whatever medium you need.

I'd not thought of that. Of course, then I'd have to risk some of you learning that my musicianship is not world class, or maybe even local class.... Hmm, get free mastering help and share the truth, or keep the facade going... it's a scary and tough call... :eek:

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
Mastering engineers have heard it all, already.

You are most welcome! Not sure how realistic it is, with a 12 hour flight between us, but do let me know if you ever are 'nearby'..

Of course, if I'm ever in the area and thinking about stopping by, I promise I'll give you enough warning to lock down your equipment, place bars over the windows, install security cameras and a comprehensive alarm system, and make arrangements to leave the country in time.

Reactions: -mjk- and Arjan P
@skier What makes you think I don't have all these things in place already? :LOL:

Reactions: -mjk- and skier

New threads

Members online