Controlling Faders of Dm 4800 via MiDI

SoundStep

Hello Everyone,

I've got an DM4800 and thinking about, if theres a way to remote the Console over Midi. I've read, that theres a way to remote the faders, mute, and solo, over midi.

So what i want to do is: place a laptop wich is conected to the dm with an midi tunel app on it, than a tablet pc wich is running a midi mixer software and is connected to the laptop over midi. So i could remote the DM 4800 with the tablet.

Would this work?
And if this will work, is there any guide availible wich shows me how to do this?

Mfg
SoundStep

ps: Sorry for my englisch. ;)

You can get just about any DAW to control the DM over midi. It's a common thing. In fact, some of us have it set up so you can control it over your home Wi-Fi network, so you don't have to actually be plugged into it. I do this when I want to record my drums while I am playing in another room.

I know you are now going to ask "HOW?" but it's a very long answer, The setup in your DAW should not be too hard, and the setup in your DM is easy. I think I posed something about this awhile back. Take what you can from that and, if you are still having problems, ask.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.