Controlling Tascam MX2424 by DM24 by Midi and MMC only without using RS422

Hubert Temba

From
Minneapolis MN
Website
www.huberttemba.com
Gear owned
Tascam SX 1LE
I would like to control Tascam MX2424 by the Tascam DM24 mixer by using Midi or Midi Machine control.
If someone has the diagrammatic layouts of the screens so I can copy them or imitate them I would appreciate it very much.
I have read Tascam write outs but I’m not all the diagrams I need. And they are limited. I’m getting extra connections appearing on my LED display that Tascam literature doesn’t account for. Something is missing somewhere. The display of my connections appears to provide me with extra connections that I can’t find in the Tascam literature online. Tascam sent me the card with the latest firmware card for my MX2424 and my DM24 has the latest hardware too.
The reason I want to control Tascam MX2424 with DM24 by Midi and MMC is because during recording I want to use remote control RC2424 and during playback and mixing I want to use DM24 mixer.

I am hopeful someone has diagrams that would help me. If you have your MX2424 controlled by DM24, and you can play back recording on MC2424 please share your screenshots with me. I have spent many night hours trying to record and play back and hear my recording and I haven’t been successful. Someone please help me.

Thank you in advance.
Hubert

RS422 cable is 2 db9 plugs, 1 on 1, 2 on 2 and so on, 5 and 9 not connected, 1 is the shield. (so you need any shielded 6 wires cable - 6 wires + 1 shield).

Do I need only one RS422 cable? I don’t understand 1 on 1, 2 on 2...
Are you able to show it diagrammatically?
I am using MX2424 with DM-24. A diagrammatic illustration will help a lot.
Thank you.

P1 . . . . . . . . . . . P2
1---x-x-x---1 > shield
2------------2
3------------3
4------------4
5 NC 5
6------------6
7------------7
8------------8
9 NC 9

Where P1 and P2 are DB9 plugs and a shielded 6-wire cable is all you need.
(NC = Not Connected)

A shielded 6-wire cable... which brand do you recommend or what is the availability of such a cable?
What make of RS422 cable do you recommend?
Thank you very much, indeed.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.