Copy/Paste Between Virtual Tracks

Slevmo

Gear owned
dp32sd
I am used to copying, pasting etc. on my old Roland VS 880 from one virtual track to another. Is there editing between virtual tracks, one track as source, and another track as target, on the DP 32SD?

The VT has to be loaded as the current track and then you can edit like any other track.

Reactions: Max Relic
So, for instance, no cutting or copying a section of Track 1, VT 2, and then pasting it onto Track 1, VT 3, or any other Track or VT ?

See the "Production Tips" sticky thread. First post has the thread index; or searching the thread will tease out virtual track posts.

Last edited:
Not finding anything on virtual tracks in the threads of Production Tips sticky thread.

Not finding anything on virtual tracks in the threads of Production Tips sticky thread.
There are two specific virtual track posts in the "Production Tips" sticky thread. Moderator -mjk- authored one of them, and I authored the other one. Listed and linked in the index (post #1) of the sticky thread.

There are also several other posts in that sticky thread that mention virtual tracks, all easily found by using the forum's search function.
thread search function.jpg
;)

Last edited:
So, for instance, no cutting or copying a section of Track 1, VT 2, and then pasting it onto Track 1, VT 3, or any other Track or VT ?
This is the same question, worded differently. The answer is still the same: The VT has to be loaded as the current track and then you can edit like any other track.

You cannot copy from a VT in the first place. VTs can only be utilized by making them current.

Interesting to read.. Reminds me of my old Akai DPS-16, where every track (a total of 256 IIRC) was a virtual track and vice versa. You could place let's say tracks 26, 27 and 28 next to each other on channels 10, 11 and 12 and then copy sections of these three to track 29 on channel 13 and go back and free up channels 10-12 again (while putting the original tracks 26-28 'behind the curtain', but still intact and available). I guess the OP has a similar experience with the Roland VS.. Something to get used to then.

Ok, let’s forget about virtual tracks. Can I copy and paste a section of currently selected Tr1 onto currently selected Tr2 ?

Last edited:
@Slevmo the device features copy/paste to/from tracks. The process can be complex because one has to align the time selections. I made an editing sheet specifically for that purpose. You will need to study the User Manual.

Perfect, thanks for the alignment track info and stickies.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.