Cue up for live DP-32SD

MorganZower

Gear owned
DP 32sd
Using the Tascam as a live mixer for recording some jam sessions. Everything works great. But looking to be able to drop a track out, send a that individual track to headphones while I find a sound I like, then reintroduce it to the jam session, all whole continuing to record the other instruments. Is this possible or do I need to run a switch between the instruments and the Tascam?

Reactions: shredd
I'm no rockit surjin - other guys here do that - I just provide the weisenheimer effect.
But your idea is interesting and seems like it's possible, using the DP's considerable routing/monitoring capabilities.
Your inquiry probably belongs in the DP-xx forum; and of course there are NUMEROUS "stickies" there with mountains of valuable information that has been asked/answered 1000 times over.
The 2488 has even greater routing capabilities; but I betcha you could accomplish something like this w your DP, by choosing what your monitor source is and assigning the track in question there (though it seems like that would exclude the rest of the jam?).

Sorry but I don't understand your terminology. "Drop a track out" means to solo the track?

At any rate, whatever you do to the mix has no bearing on the multitrack recording. As long as you don't touch the input trims you can move the faders, EQ, FX or whatever and the recording remains steady state.

You can use the sends to make 2 individual mono headphone feeds (to a appropriate amplifier for headphones) if you want to.

New threads

Members online