DAW remote control over USB

Torsten TMA

Gear owned
DM 4800
Hello group
I have a question. I will get a DM 4800 next Saturday and I want to control my DAW with it. I have no firewire card installed but I read in the manual that it is possible to use with the USB port. I have a Mac Pro with OS 10.13.6 High Sierra and Reaper DAW. My question is, do I need a USB driver or is it plug and play in Mac OS? When I need a driver, where can I get it? I've searched the Internet but can't find any USB driver. Is it component of the TMC software?
Best regards
Torsten

Very simple answer to this:
In the DM4800 and 3200 series mixers, aside from some auxiliary functionality like metering, project control, etc., USB is primarily used for DAW remote control - Transport, Faders, pan and so on, via USB MIDI to and from your PC/MAC. There is no audio interfaced via the USB connection, and there is no DAW control via the FireWire audio interfaces. Just thought I would mention that since it is often a misconception by the uninitiated.

Best thing to do is download the very extensive manual and ancillary documentation from the Tascam site and start familiarizing yourself with this very potent piece of equipment.

Enjoy

New threads

Members online

No members online now.