Dd7 Guitar Delay Pedal Routing

Discussion in 'TASCAM DM-3200 & DM-4800' started by Darryn, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Darryn

Darryn Member

Gear:
    dm3200
    Hi everyone,

I simply want to send a dry signal to my dd7 pedal using the Tascam dm3200.

Ive used the Assignable sends with varying degrees of success. But I'm not hearing back the same sound as i would on my Amp. I have also recorded the signal onto protools, and played it back from protools and it seems to have worked a little better... still not quite the same. I think somewhere along the line it is cutting the signal in half, but I'm not sure where.

Firstly, * Im plugging the dd7 into the assignable send. dd7 input (mono) - assign send 1, dd7 output (mono) - assign return 1.
    * routing is set up so that ASN SEND goes to aux 1 - 4. then i set up channel 45 on the console to recieve the ASN send..

I turn up aux on channel 18 (dry signal) and then aux 1 knob. only a faint sound coming out of the delay pedal channel 45. .. I hope this makes sense. AUX channels are turned up in all the right areas, please help!
  2. Arjan P

Arjan P Veteran

Netherlands
    Gear:
    DM3200 IFFW
    The most likely issue will be that a guitar pedal is not designed to take line level signals. A re-amping box would solve this issue.
    Darryn likes this.
  3. Darryn

Darryn Member

Gear:
    dm3200
    Thanks Arjan. Any ideas on routing the DD7 pedal for my purposes then with what i currently have? I unfortunately don't have a re-amping box. I just need a dry and a wet signal. But I want the wet signal to be as loud as when i use it in a normal guitar set up.
  4. Headroom

Headroom Active Member

The Hague, Netherlands
    Gear:
    DM4800
    Maybe you can find some dB's: by turning channel 18 up (use a different channel for the dry signal), turning the channel's digital trim up, use the channels eq (flat) as an amplifier, turning aux1 up, and turning the aux1 master up.
    Darryn likes this.
  5. Darryn

Darryn Member

Gear:
    dm3200
    Whatever happened to plug and play :p .. I can try that, but something tells me part of the signal itself is missing, not just a volume problem.