Digital connection between DP-24 SD and DP-02

tapeman01

Hi, I was wondering if anyone succesfully has tried to connect a DP-24 SD with a DP-02 with a USB cable. The reason for asking, is the fact that there is a very good CD recorder/burner inside the DP-02, and it could be a good idea to make CDs without a PC. I have not got a USB cable with mini plugs in both ends yet, so before I purchase one, it would be nice to know if it is possible.

No. The DP24(SD) only connects to a computer with specific operating system versions (windows and mac).

But you might be able to record with the DP - transfer the song data to a computer - and then from the computer on to the DP-02.

Neither of those devices are a USB hosts. You could connect both of them to a PC and do a file transfer between them.

Reactions: Tom Boyles
It is useless to try connecting 2 slave devices together. You always need a USB host capable device to act as controller. Both DP can only act as an external drive.

Connecting two DP recorders together would be the equivalent to connecting two USB drives together with a cable expecting to be able to move files from one drive to the other.

Nothing in that system at the USB level is for the purpose of communication of the specific two devices you've suggested connecting together.

Reactions: Mark Richards
It works fine when connecting both DP-24 and DP-02 to a computer and then transferring the mastertrack to the DP-02 and burn a CD. You can also take out the SD card of the DP-24 and then transfer the mastertrack from the computer to the DP-02 and burn a CD. In the end I simply connected the DP-24 stereo out with a high quality cable to the the inputs of the DP-02. In this way I had full control of all effects and could alter the effects while recording a stereo master on the DP-02. I could not tell any difference using this last analogue step compared to a pure digital transfer.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online