Digitech GSP1101 into Tascam DP32. Need help

Grogshla

Gear owned
Tascam DP32
Hi there,
Since there is no in built distortion effect on the Tascam DP32 I was wondering if I can connect my Digitech GSP1101 digital preamp into the Tascam DP32 without having to run it into an amp and cabinet with mic.
Would greatly appreciate the help.
Kind Regards
Grogshla

I would think so - I run my bass through a Tech21 VT Deluxe pedal right into my DP-24, but a couple things to keep in mind. If you use input H, be sure it's set for Line level, and not a Guitar input, as the pedal would overload it at Guitar level. Also, start with the Trim on the selected input set counter clockwise, and bring it slowly up to set a good level, while avoiding peaking it. Digital clipping is a sound you do not want in your tracks. As long as you watch the levels, I'd think you can bring it in direct, but do so with caution to avoid overloads.

Thanks mate I am just concerned as the GSP1101 is obviously a digital signal. I believe the VT Deluxe is analogue so goes into the line input no problems.
I believe I have to use the GSP1101 in the send/return of the Tascam DP32 but not quite sure how. People have said i need set the effect to a new track also or something?

The DP32 has 2 effects sends but none of them say send or return. So that is confusing.

My DP-24 has send outputs on the rear, and I believe you bring the returns in through the normal inputs to complete the circuit, but...I've never used them, as all our guitar tracks go through the pedal board into an Egnater Tweaker combo, miked with a SM-57. Maybe someone with a setup similar to what you're doing will respond with how they do it.

thanks mate I appreciate it yes hopefully someone with a similar setup can help.
I will try going into the DP32 via guitar input H track 1 then send to the gsp1101 then back to track 2 input A to complete the circuit. I think thats what you mean.
Cheers

You don't need to use the send and return unless you want to record your guitar dry and later "reamp" the track through the GSP. While the GSP's internal processing is digital, what comes out of the audio jacks is analog, line-level audio. Just plug and play.

Reactions: BobV55 and Grogshla
and how do I set it up?

So in theory I can plug my guitar into the GSP then from the GSP into any input on the Tascam or should i Still use Input H (and select Line instead of guitar)?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can plug the DSP into any input that accepts line level. The Digitech GSP series are direct boxes, with a bunch of signal processing between the guitar and the output.

Jim, one very brief off topic comment, if I may - thumbs up to you for being an Egnater artist, as indicated in your sig. Although I have a Marshall Class 5, and a Fender Blues Jr. LE (factory Eminence Cannabis Rex), my Egnater Tweaker is always my go-to for guitar tracks!

I was using Egnater amps before I got the Artist thing, so I'm a huge fan! I've done some tube rolling in my #1 Rebel 20 head and it's the perfect studio amp, although the Tweaker 40 is an excellent head, too, especially for big cleans.

Reactions: BobV55

New threads

Members online

No members online now.