Directly connect the speakers to the tascam dm 4800

evolo

Gear owned
tascam dm 4800
Good evening, everyone, I wanted to ask for this information as I am inexperienced on the subject. I own a scarlett focusrite card, I connected the speakers in the output sound card, in front of the input line I connected two jacks that go to connect to the tascam! I don’t know if the connection is correct! if I connect the speaker cables directly to the tascam, I can’t hear the audio!

Hello and welcome.

You need speakers with inbuilt amplifiers, we call them monitors, and they need to be plugged into a power outlet . Is this what you have or just the usual passive stereo speakers?
If so, you need to connect the Tascam's outputs into a stereo amplifier connected to speakers.

Hope this makes sense and apologies if you already knew that :)

hello thank you for answering me, my speakers are active .. so amplified, my problem is that if I connect them directly to the tascam with xlr at the output these are not heard, while to make it work I have to connect the speakers to the sound card necessarily. I state that the tascam is connected to my PC with FireWire card, and in output I select the tascam but the audio does not EXIT

On top of the board (under 'Output Assign'), make sure the channels you want to hear have the 'Stereo' button pushed and lighted. If they are, the Stereo XLR outputs of the board will send the signal to your powered speakers. Going through a PC audio interface is certainly not necessary.

TIP: Use the 'Monitor' ouputs for your speakers, it gives you more options in monitoring without touching the stereo mix.

Hello I connected the xlr cables in stereo output, then I press remote on layer status to communicate fruit loops with the tascam, but in the assigned outputs when I press on the channels and on the stereo button, these do not light up! you can write me step by step what to do! Thank you

Attachments

• Monitor Out.jpg
    Monitor Out.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hello I connected the xlr cables in stereo output, then I press remote on layer status to communicate fruit loops with the tascam, but in the assigned outputs when I press on the channels and on the stereo button, these do not light up!
@evolo I suggest you follow the documents Peter linked to for basic audio routing. You also need to understand that the remote layer is for remote control of the software tracks in your DAW - here the faders don't control audio directly so there is no function for the Stereo assign button. Routing your audio channels (SLOTx-01 - SLOTx-xx) out of the DAW into the DM is what you need to get done for now.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.