DM-24 DISPLAY DESIGN FLAW in a nutshell, this unit gets too hot

SWAMI

Gear owned
dm24
I replaced the screen on my DM-24 well over ten years ago and I have no lines or any problems why???? because I also installed 6 micro computer fans on the unit, I placed 3 inch fans on the vents on the bottom of the mixer blowing in and 3 tiny 1 -1/2 inch fans on the vents across the top of the screen sucking outward. These are all 12 volt fans I use a couple of 12v adapters to run all the fans problem solved for ever!!! what can I say, they don't call me "swami" for nothing!FullSizeRender.jpg Image.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg Image.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg Image.jpg

Kudos for great execution of this idea. How did you fasten the the fans in place, route the wiring to the PSU, and what is the amperage/capacity. Any futher pics of the intake fan and wiring would be helpful Have been thinking of how to do this without invading the case. Air flow saves the day again!

The fans are attached with a small amount of crazy glue on the top vent and I covered the remaining vent area with black tape and taped around the shroud for air tight suction. On the bottom of the mixer, I used the bigger fans 3 1/2 inches crazy glued right on the vent grills and taped around the vent for airtight blowing into the mixer, everything is outside of the mixer, the fan wires are tiny and painted black ,routed from the middle of the back of the screen falling behind the mixer down to 12v adapter. I took the fans from some old computers I had in storage but you can get them from frys or radio shack online.

swami

Last edited:
I wonder if you had time to take a pic of your bottom fans, also how large your 12v adapter is you power them all with, (total amperage?) an if it's a wall-wart or dedicated 120v-12v converter? Newegg has a sale on pc case fans of all sizes, not sure sleeve bearing fans would be best for long term use especially if you glue them . Wonder if a dab of hot glue instead of super gluewould make it easier for you to replace the fans when they get dusty & noisy? Would hate to see the superglue rip up the finish!

Image 1.jpg Image 1.jpg Image 2.jpg Image 2.jpg Image 2.jpg Heres what the fans on the bottom of the mixer look like, I tried hot melt glue gun, didnt last very long, the crazy glue has lasted over 10 years, I clean the fans with a toothbrush and alcohol and treat the fans with electronic spray lube to keep them running smooth and quite, no need to remove fans for cleaning.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5
Tks for the additional photos, seeing is believing. Looks like a 2nd fan, on the left side on the pic on the lowern corner.

New threads

Members online