DM-24 for sale

mdloomis

From
Auburn, CA
Gear owned
MX-2424 DM-3200
EDIT: This item is no longer available.

I upgraded to the DM-3200 awhile back. I still have the DM-24 (plus meter bridge) sitting around doing nothing. Asking $400. Any interest?

Michael

Last edited:
I just edited this post. If there is any interest in the DM-24, we can work something out to cover shipping.
DSC_0003.jpg

Hi Michael, Possibly I could be interested - but I am in Australia? It would be a pain for you to ship it here at a price I could afford. Let me know what you think.
Gerard

Hey, Gerard.
I really have no idea what shipping would be for such a large and heavy item. I do have the original packaging, so that's not an issue. The $400 price is already as low as I want to go, so I think the only way this would work is if you cover all shipping costs. If you are still interested, I could do some research to estimate shipping costs. What do you think?

Hi Michael, Thanks very much for getting back to me quickly. I think the $400USD is a very good price but on further research today I have found that the power supply is non switching requiring a replacement / transformer for use in Australia. If you still want check out what it would cost to send it to me in Melbourne with insurance - I will check out what a transformer will cost me and go from there?
Address 22 Hobsons Bay Parade, Port Melbourne,Melbourne, Victoria Australia

I won't be able to get to this right away - I've got too many other things to do today. But if you can be a little patient with me, I will look into shipping costs on Saturday and get back to you.
From the info on your post, it appears that you're already using a Tascam 3200. What are your plans for the DM-24? Just curious.

Don't stress. I'm not in any great hurry at all. Any time next week is fine as I am flat out with a few things as well. I was thinking I would have to call a proper technician on monday anyway to get a defiant quote for replacing the power supply.
I'm planning to use it as a live streaming desk. As you know the DM3200 is very similar so I wont have to learn how to fly a new desk. I also have a spare ADAT card which I pulled from my 3200 when I got the surround card. So would be getting 16ch ADAT I/O to do some recording of live shows. It had crossed my mind to get another 3200 as they are quite cheap here but they are very heavy as you know also - two person lift. So looking at the DM24 as an alternative. The other alternative is to get a new desk completely. The current generation of digital desks are cheaper smaller and more functioned than the DM desks.
A question for you - does the meter bridge fold all the way down - it appears not? I would need to get it into some sort of road case that isn't too large.

As you can see in the pic from earlier post, I had the mixer and meter bridge mounted in a custom desk. I may still have the original meter bridge support arms that allowed you to attach it to a free-standing Dm-24 - or I may not. I'll need to check on that. The arms were just strips of metal that bolted to either side of the mixer and supported the meter bridge a few inches above. It did allow some adjustment of the meter position, but I don't recall if it folded all the way flat or not. Also, I believe the mixer originally had wooden side panels that I'm afraid are not around any more. I don't know if these missing pieces are important to you or not. I'll try to send a pic later that shows the mixer and meter bridge not mounted in the desk so you can see exactly what you're dealing with.

The DM-24 has the wood sides removed and the original meter bridge supports are also missing. So here is what I'm selling...DM-24 mixer, MU-24/DM meter bridge, meter cable, power cable. You will have to rig your own method of supporting the meter bridge. The close up pic shows the bolt (there's one in each end) that can be used for mounting. There are also mounting holes in the sides of the mixer.

Initial inquiries as to shipping costs are not not looking good. The online Fed Ex cost estimate app is showing $822.71!!! That sounds awfully high to me, but that's what I'm seeing so far. I'll double check that I'm not fudging up the data entry on this. I also have inquiries out to DHL. Stay tuned for more results as I continue to research shipping to Australia. Gerard, can I get your ZIP/Postal code?
DM24_Components.jpgDM24_Meter_Bridge.jpg

Last edited:
$822! - Thats probably about $1200AU! not looking good. The meter bridge and wooden panels don't really worry me at all - I could probably work something out for a rack case etc. The power issue is going to be the defining one. As it is set to be a live mixer I don't want to be carrying around a transformer so I need a technician to swap the power internally if possible.
I am happy to pay what it costs for shipping but not if it is the price of a new mixer. Delivery is to Melbourne Victoria 3207. Thanks for your efforts Michael really appreciate it.

Gerard,
OK, I double checked with FedEx and the $822 price for their shipping to Melborne is indeed correct. This would actually be shocking to me except that I also checked with DHL. Their price was $1110!!!!!! I had no clue that shipping was so expensive.

Needless to say, I guess our prospects for making a deal on this are probably finished. Thank you for your interest anyway. I'm sorry we couldn't work something out

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,
Yes, Australia is a long way from anywhere and expensive. I can fly myself to LA for around $2000 return! Thanks very much for trying - it was a long shot but it looks like we cant make a deal.
All the best
Gerard

Hi Michael,

I am looking for a specific part of the Tascam DM24, the fader board (including all faders of course). Would you consider selling this part to me, I will of course pay for it + shipping to Europe? I can give you detailed instructions on how to get this board out of the console.
The complete console is simply too expensive to send (as it was sending to Australia, as I saw in the mailthread). Please let me know, if you wish send me a private e-mail, fine with me too to tom(at)tvamusic.be
Thanks a lot, all the best,
Tom Van Achte
TVA Music

Hi, Tom.

Unfortunately, I recently traded the DM-24 for some other equipment. Otherwise, we could have made a deal. Good luck in your search.

Michael

New threads

Members online