DM 3200 "Driver Offline" Error

sozkutle

Gear owned
DM 3200
Dear all,

I just bought a second hand DM 3200 mixer.
It just came from service for cleaning etc, and there is no hardware issue that we are sure.

Normally they are using it on Windows and its working fine. Im trying to use it with my iMac Pro 2019 computer, i install latest Firewire driver but when i plug it, it says Status OK, Driver Offline.

Im trying to solve it since 2 days day and night. I was running with Catalina it didnt work, then i install Mojave, and this iss the message Driver offline. i Also tried to use it with my mac book pro, which using Hi Sierra OS and same message.

Im running it via Firewire cable, Firewire to Thunderbolt 1 adaptor - Thunderbolt 1 to thundertbolt 2 adaptor.

Im using 2 adaptors with cable be cause new macs only have usb C port.

Can anyone please help me, im desperately need your helps.

Many thanks in advance

Hello sozkutle,

I had the same issue when I first set up my DM-4800. I tried everything. The fact that it says Status OK, Driver Offline leads me to think that you may have the same issue. Catalina should work fine with the latest driver. Make sure you have the latest driver.

The problem I ran into was the firewire connection on the IF-FW/dm mkii card. If someone puts the connecting in backwards, it can break the internal connection. The computer won't receive any information from the mixer - showing Status OK, Driver Offline.

You can get a technician to fix the firewire port, but it may still be internal chipsets that need to be replaced. I tried to get a technician to fix it, after $120 I gave up. I bought a new IF-FW/dm mkii card on e-bay for $300 and everything is working fine. It's something I would check into, but you'll need to find a good technician that knows this card.

Good Luck...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.