DM-3200 & Presonus Studio One

Supersounds

From
Augusta, GA
Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
I'll try to make this simple. I see there is at least one person using this amazing board with my software.

All drivers and firmware are up to date. Computer plays music from youtube and media player fine, via the FWMKII card.

All the faders and buttons work, except the transport controls, but that's no biggie. I believe I have the routing set up correctly thanks to a few other forum posts.

The problem. I get sound out if my computer and out if my DAW(studio one). I get sound in the MIXER. But I get no input in studio one, at all. I believe my inputs and outputs are correct inside the software. Where did I screw up?
PgxL8cv

emIzSw7.jpg

thoJhH1.jpg
Eb0CvAX.jpg
r90NGXn.jpg
0ulTGGc.jpg
3F1FKlf.jpg
b7J2I59.jpg
aqoiR86.jpg

Last edited:
@Supersounds Re: Images. You might try considering a third party image hosting service like

https://imgur.com/

Just to name one. But, I'm sure there are others.

Have you assigned the returns to the stereo buss

Last edited:
Reactions: Supersounds
@Peter Batah Thank you for your response! I've uploaded images to the original post.I don't think I've routed them to the stereo buss. I'll look in a sec!

Before I do that, @Peter Batah ,I just realized something I've been reading in some of your other post responses. Most people are somehow setting up channels 17&18 as a stereo buss to their DAW, if I've been reading correctly, what if I don't want to send a stereo buss. What if I want to send 16 individual tracks from my dm, to studio one. That's the routing I'm trying to set up, if possible.

@Supersounds Re your second picture: Your IFFW driver is rather old (1.21). AFAIK the latest is 1.30f9 - that's the one I use anyway. Also, try to play with your buffer size, it shouldn't be necessary to run in Safe Mode (and also you have a lot of dropouts!).

Now on your Output Slot screen, I see the first eight of your IFFW channels to DAW are Bus channels. If you change these (and the next 8) to M/L 1-8 and M/L 9-16, you are sending your mic/line inputs directly from the input stage (behind the analogs) to the IFFW outputs and to your DAW.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response @Arjan P . Here are some updated Screens. Basically, if it COULD be set to M/L, I set it to that. Still getting a signal on the mixer and nada to my DAW. I can still control system sounds (spotify,youtube) with 17 and 18. not sure if thats relevant.
Sy4igo0.jpg
ja67Y0D.jpg
hu86pDN.jpg
PmtAZw0.jpg
zMZwRNo.jpg

Last edited:
Mm, strange, your last photo shows what I suggested and is the same as what I normally use myself.. As a test, maybe you could select STEREO-L and -R to IFFW channels 1 and 2 - that way your mixer stereo output should go to the DAW.

Also I would still recommend to update the IFFW driver and set a higher buffer size. Other than that I can only see stuff being not right in Studio One, of which I have no knowledge..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.