DM 4800 and if-fw/ dm mkii not connecting

Bigrstudio

Gear owned
dm4800
Hi am having an issue with pc and Dm4800 connecting once again.

I have just replaced the firewire card in the pc with a Sunix 1394 a.

on the PC the control panel for the if-fw/ dm mkii is not active

On the Mixer screen on the page for slot 3 the status reads that the card is ok and the status for 1394 -says that there is no lead.

Although the lead is connected

The lead has been replaced but it still did not work.

I am guessing an incompatible or faulty fire wire card on the pc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM I HAVE PURCHASED A NEW HP WITH WINDOWS 7 AND HAVE THE BOARD HOOKED UP, THE TASCAM COMPANION IS READING THE BOARD BUT THE BOARD SAYS THE IF/FW DMMKii CARD IS NOT CONNECTED. I HAVE MOVED THE IFFW CARD FROM SLOT 1 TO SLOT 3 CHANGED MY FIREWIRE PORTS ON MY CPU DOWNLOADED ALL NEW DRIVERS AND IT WILL COME UP AND SAY LOCKED FOR A split second then go back to no cable it says the card is ok, im bouta opull what hair i have left. someone please help

As stated before, you must find a PC Firewire card that uses the Texas Instrument chip set on the card. This is the only type that will be guaranteed to work. If you look at the card examine the chips. If you see one labeled as TI or Texas Instrument. You are good to go I know it is frustrating, because very few cards sold via internet will tell you what chip set is on the card. But they are out there. Good luck!

Reactions: mixerizer

New threads

Members online