DM-4800, Should I sell?

There will allways be a guy who "will do the mix". Most musicians do not know what the big picture should be.

The future is more divers. I'm quite sure we will see a backbone with wifi where everybody logs in on using wifi. The system will recognise the user and assigns a monitor and rights to that monitorsystem. When the singer walks across the stage the singers voice can be everywhere or in a certain area. But because of GPS, if the singer walks up to the drumstage his mix will be routed to the drummers monitor because the singer is there.

But that future is still ahead. In the mean time the sky is a changing. So use whatever tool you need and satisfies your needs... ANd we all once learnd notes, chords and to use the instrument to suit our needs. We will use our audiotools likewize....

cmaffia said:
1. Commodore Amiga
2. Akai DPS24
3. Tascam DM series

Interestingly, my first exposure to MIDI sequencing occured with an old drummer/producer friend of mine. Way back in the late 80s, he did all his midi work on an Amiga, using the early predecessor to Cubase. Amazing stuff at the time; turned my head around. ;)

The DPS24, indeed, was quite a rig. Though I was immersed in 'Yamoha' 4416 work, I'd read many a glorious story from DPS24 users. The unit featured several things 4416 folks bitched about being absent on their devices. :)

Agreed about the DMixers. But I'm biassed. :cool:

CaptDan

cmaffia said:
1. Commodore Amiga
2. Akai DPS24
3. Tascam DM series
I would agree, but after changing Commodore Amiga to Atari ST and DPS24 to DPS16. Only because those were the ones I used :)

Hey the Atari ST's had a soul too! It's just you had to beat on them to bring them back from the dead sometimes!

I dread the thought of having to replace my DM - it is so comprehensive in features - the more I use it the more that I see the limiting factor is....... me :LOL:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.