DM24 - Adat input failed - help :)

Matt Black

From
UK
Gear owned
dm24
Hey there,

I've been running the ADAT outs and ins from my RME 9652 into my dm24 for years now with no issues until today..
There was some kind of sample rate issue where the RME was locked to 44.1k instead of the regular 48k, the desk I then noticed had also gone to 44.1k..I'm not entirely sure why but I put the DM24 into the High sample rate mode and from that point things have started to unravel.
I reset it back into the normal sample rate mode, also have performed the flash init and the SMRAM init and since then I can't seem to get the ADAT input working..
I can output from the desk into the RME ADAT inputs, but when I select ADAT 1-8 as the return option (on channels 17-32 etc) and then select ADAT1 and ADAT2 as the returns for channels 17-18 I get nothing.
I'm checking levels on the RME MixDSP and within reaper and that's fine, it's just when it gets to the desk that it seems to go awry.
I've swapped the ADAT cable, but no joy there..

Matters are made slightly more complicated by the display on the DM24 being ab knackered and I can only read the top half of it...:)

Is it possible that the In could fail and not the Out here? Or perhaps I'm just setting it up wrong :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.