DM3200 has tubes?!

Vignale

From
Holland
Gear owned
DM3200 MU1000 IF-FWDMmkII
Hope someone can help me out:
My mixer doesn't give sound when I start it up, but when I leave it on for 10/15 minutes, choose a project from the CF card, it runs again!
(I know there are no tubes in a DM of course)
I hope someone can direct me to which PCB card could be faulty, so that I can exchange that or fix it

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Not helpful @shredd!

@Vignale, you can buy a can of (purpose designed) freeze spray that will cool down components for troubleshooting purposes.

Reactions: Vignale
I have no direct experience on DM3200 repair,what I can suggest is a small tip that can sometimes do wonders: flip the DM3200 and remove the bottom panel, let it warm and then use freezing spray to selectively lower the temperature of small areas of the pcb. Hopefully you will stumble on a faulty component or solder. This is a potentially armful operation, do it at your risk.

Reactions: Vignale and -mjk-
Thanks ;-)
That could be a good idea……
Tho, at the moment it fires up as normal :-/ and I tend to take advantage of it to record and make music with it
My problem also is that I live in rural Portugal nowadays; before used to live in Holland, where I could take the mixer or a board to a Tascam repairshop which helped me out very well in the past
Haven’t found such a shop in Portugal or nearby Spain until now…..

I love my Dm-4800 still but maybe u should plan to start looking for a new mixer? If you get a SonicView please review it here on the forums! :D

I also love my DM! (Trying to avoid to hate it, when it let’s me down) (just like my car; Lancia Thesis)
Unexpected loss of cashflow makes me to hold on for the DM for awhile longer, but I was thinking about a Yamaha TF1 (also the owner of cubase nowadays)

Reactions: mixerizer
The TF is a great board, as is the DM - what gets me is that these days, u get less hardware capability for the same or more retail list price as back in the 2000s. Software makes up a lot of the difference, and far exceeds hardware in other areas and aspects - but if u stack the i/o, aux/buss count and other hardware-ish console spec basics, the old stuff still got you more for your $ at list price than the bulk of the modern stuff gives you today. Getting it at used prices is thus both a bonus and a necessity :D

Agree…. (Just noticed that one can like messages)….;-)
I’m more a musician than a mixer (tho I owned a studio in my younger days)
So when I have inspiration, I want to quickly power up my things and record and not to worry much about hooking up ins and outs, wiring, sample rates etc. for that the DM’s has served me very well in the past (this is my 2nd DM) until now….
Maybe I’ll just collect another cheap one (somewhere)

New threads

Members online