Dm3200 not reading fwcard

Ty87

Gear owned
Dm3200
Has anyone had an issue with their dm3200 no longer reading the sound card? I thought my card was fried and sent it to tascam because I had a warranty. They sent me a brand new card and it did not work. It was working before and when I restarted the 3200 it stopped reading the card. Any suggestions?

They sent me a brand new card and it did not work.
What is "it did not work"? Didn't your DM3200 itself see it? Or didn't your computer recognize it? Or something else?

It was working before and when I restarted the 3200 it stopped reading the card.
What was this "it" which was working? The original card or replacement card?

The 3200 does not recognize the card.

The original card was working and then stopped working.

OK!

Your DM doesn't see the card like this in DIGITAL/SLOT menu?
digital-slot.png
(sorry ... screenshot is from DM4800, not DM3200)
In this case, there's two possibilities:
1. Both of your FW cards (original and replacement) are defective (which is extreamly unlikely) ... in which case you should get yourself a third one.
or
2. There's something wrong with your DM in which case you should send it (your DM) to the authorisized TASCAM repair facility.

Excuse me for beating dead (and maybe irrelevant) horses. But what about the Firewire cable? The computer interface (PCIe) card? Seating of all cards and cables?

It's an old axiom, but if a malfunction exists between two unrelated parts, it's possible something else is defective or not fastened properly.

:)
CaptDan

Good questions but not enough info here by OP.

But what about the Firewire cable? The computer interface (PCIe) card?
In this case DM still should see there's FW card there. At least it does even if there's no cable connected.
Seating of all cards and cables?
Well ... this is a good one. Lousy seating of IF-FW/DM card itself may result on DM not recognizing it.

Well ... this is a good one. Lousy seating of IF-FW/DM card itself may result on DM not recognizing it.

In my experience, it's usually this. The mother board in the DM can flex a bit, so the option cards don't seat fully in. Put all 5 screws in and tighten them fully.
If you don't feel the card "pop" into the connector, it's not properly in there.

You can open the top panel and make sure the screws holding the slot mother to the chassis are still tight as well - that's just a matter of screws, nothing advanced.

RedBus.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.