DM3200 wont lock at 88.2 or 96

Thanks Capt. Further test shows that the same frequency of dropouts occurs whether its 1 track 30 or 50. I just got the wrong machine! I told you I gots bad luck :)
I just wish I tried 88.2 kHz recording 8 months ago when I bought this.

Problem solved. So after talking to Sweetwater support who offered no suggestions to fix the problem and my sales rep who was seeing if a highly doubtful refund was possible, I called ADK audio to see if they could build me a compatible workstation. In discussing my issues with the ADK representative, he had me check the window 7 FireWire driver and bingo, he found the problem. He said whether its a PCI or PCIe FireWire card for use with an audio workstation, you HAVE to choose the Windows 7 FireWire legacy driver. Instantly the FireWire card locked at 88.2 and the DPC checker was reporting half of what latency was using the original PCI card. I totally recommend all you windows 7 users to make sure you're using legacy FireWire drivers. Go to the firewire card in the device manager, "update driver", "browse computer", "let me choose from list" and choose the one that says (legacy). Props to ADK for doing Sweetwater support's job at the expense of a sale!

Glad to hear you got it sorted, no thanks to the "sales engineers" at Sweatwater. (Capt., I thought my old pal Gary was the only one who called them that!)

Excellent Info for everyone.......

cmaffia said:
Problem solved. I totally recommend all you windows 7 users to make sure you're using legacy FireWire drivers. Go to the firewire card in the device manager, "update driver", "browse computer", "let me choose from list" and choose the one that says (legacy). Props to ADK for doing Sweetwater support's job at the expense of a sale!

Awesome Info!! So happy for you that you got it worked out!!

Glad you got it solved! At the same time, very unprofessional of Sweetwater to not have made this setting in the first place - this info about Win7 and firewire has been around for quite some time (not that I remembered off-hand..)

Gravity Jim said:
Glad to hear you got it sorted, no thanks to the "sales engineers" at Sweatwater. (Capt., I thought my old pal Gary was the only one who called them that!)

At the expense of personal, singular exclusion - great 'mind' think alike.' :D

Seriously, it's good you got the problem licked, Charlie. Although I'm fairly sure I'm using the Win7 Legacy driver, I'm going to check to be sure that's the case.

As I said last week - Win7 drivers and their settings can be the root of DAW audio evils. :eek: Thanks for the update!

CaptDan

I know this thread is done, but I just wanted to add that I checked my 1394 driver and it was NOT set to the "legacy" version. When I tested it with the Tascam FW control panel, I would previously always get a few dropouts. It has never affected my recordings, so I just always have left it. Well I went ahead and changed it to the legacy version, and now I have NO dropouts at all. Absolute 0! Thanks again C, for passing that along.
FWIW, I am still at 88.2K, 32 channels in and out, "minimum buffer size" shows 64, but I keep it at 128 just to be safe. Performance mode is at normal. Tascam Spike checker shows a max latency of 727 micro seconds. I finally just finished a client's 7 song CD and collected my cash Yeah!! Now I've got to get his songs out of my head....
S

New threads

Members online

No members online now.