DM4800 and Behringer P16 setup for studio monitoring

Gregdx7

Gear owned
DM-4800 Cubase Hammond C3
I am in the process of building a studio and plan to use a CAT-5 System like the Behringer P16 (like Aviom) for Live Room artist monitors. Could I use the ADAT outs for this? The P16 system has ADAT ins. I know there is an Aviom card, but I don't think they are compatible.

I've been looking into the P16 system myself, and see no problem using the ADAT output for it (for 8 channels) combined with the analog outs. With DM4800 you have more outputs, but I'm not sure about more ADAT. I couldn't justify such a system but it sure looks nice. (I just don't have enough sessions with multiple musicians all needing their own phone mix)

Hi There,

I have this setup and it works great. Rock solid. I have an ADAT card and have the 16 DM4800 busses sending audio through the 2 lightpipe outputs. I have to say that it's a big bonus for the artists having control over their own mix. J

Gregdx7 said:
I am in the process of building a studio and plan to use a CAT-5 System like the Behringer P16 (like Aviom) for Live Room artist monitors. Could I use the ADAT outs for this? The P16 system has ADAT ins.
Indeed the ADAT connections can be used. I have chosen to use 2 IF/DA cards connected to the analog inputs of the P16 though, because I work at High Speed (88.2k) sampling rate.
I know there is an Aviom card, but I don't think they are compatible.
They aren't.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.