Dm4800 and Mac OS Catalina

Dutchmountain

From
Netherlands
Gear owned
Dm 4800
Hey guys new member here. Just purchased a DM4800 with meterbridge and FW mk2 card.
I’m on Mac Catalina and don’t know if the card wil work with this version of OSX
Checked the status on the DM and all looks fine. card Ok and is locked !

can anyone point me to the right Driver version if one is available that works with 10.15
In Logic and Cubase I can’t choose Port 5,6,7 Does this mean that the driver is not ok ?

many thanks and apologie for my bad Englisch

No one ?
I found out that the usb connection works to control my DAW. It gives me 3 ports to setup 3 Mackie controllers so I have remote control over my DAW
With the FW card connected via a adapter to the Thunderbolt slot on my Mac , the status on the DM is as said before: Card OK 1393: Locked
Does this mean that I should be able to receive/send Audio from/to the Mac ?

Any luck with Catalina and your DM4800? I have been contemplating a new 27" iMac so I can update my video software, but have hesitated, since I don't wish to make my (perfectly functioning) mid 2011 27"iMac with OSX 10.85/PT10.3 & DM4800 obsolete.

Hi Summit,
No luck since my last post. I looked for the latest driver download for the FW MK|| card and this seems to be FWDM_MKII_188754_Installer.dmg When trying to install it on my Mac with Catalina I’m getting the message that the “manufacturer needs to update the software” so I’m unable to install it. In Audio/Midi setupinstructies my Mac it shows up on both Audio ( 32 ins/outs ) and also on the Midi side with msg Device is online.

Maybe someone can tell me how to check if audio ins/outs are working ? Can I check this in my DAW by going to the in/out setup ?

so Summit all I can advise is to stay on your current system if all works fine for you.
Hope that someone will respond with additional advise. Thanks guys .....

Reactions: Peter Batah
Hi Arjan, nice to hear some advise from a fellow Dutchman
I’ll have a look and come back to this thread if I get results

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-3_21-51-21.png
    upload_2020-11-3_21-51-21.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 27
Hey guys, I figured it out and all is working fine.
As I am a newby and read the manual ( yes I'm one of those people who indeed read the manual ) I succesfully setup the ins and outs on the console via the Routing menu. Had to choose the Slot 1 option. Now there is audio going from and to my Mac ( Catalina ) Jippyyyyyyyyeh now back to the manual....

So to capture all:
Mac With Catalina
IF-FW/DM mkII
Card: Status OK and Locked on the console.
FW cable connection to the Mac with a FW/Thunderbolt adapter.
FW card appears in Audio-Midi config on my Mac in Both Audio and Midi menu.
Remote control via USB

Last edited:
I just updated to Catalina. I loaded up the last official DM driver and everything seems to be working fine with my DM4800/IF-FW.

I installed IFFWDMmkII_Installer_188754_Release.dmg, which I believe was downloaded at Tascam's web site.

New threads

Members online