DM4800 "Mixer Device Boot Failed - (DSP-A SRAM)"

Nick C

Gear owned
DM4800 / MBP (OS 10.15.5)
Hello all,

I purchased a used DM4800 around 6 months ago and have been loving this thing. Today when I turned it on I was sad to see a message pop up with no way around it..

Mixer Device Boot Failed
(DSP-A SRAM)

I am unable to get into the board's diagnostics mode so I can't reset the SRAM. From what I understand the problem stems from the Main Board (E902855-00B) and more specifically one of the DSP chips that is on that board that I assume is used for the onboard effects. Not entirely sure if I'm correct on all that, I wasn't able to find a whole lot about this issue from my research, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I found the main board on ebay, is it as easy as swapping in a new one? Wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone knows a fix.

Any advice/help would be appreciated
Thanks!

Nick,
I am getting the exact same error message with the same problem.
I have the E902855-00C main board.
I have noticed that the DSP chip (U4) gets a little warm to the touch if the
board is left on for a few minutes in this state.
I have had to change a number of the box connectors on this board, because of pin
breakage due to corrosion, to get the meter bridge and card reader to function.
Changing this chip is a bit beyond my skill set though.
Will keep you posted if I make any progress, otherwise, I will see you on Ebay!

Cheers

Hey! Thanks for responding. I opted to swap my entire main board, check my profile as I posted how I went about it, and how I was able to convert a DM3200 main board into a DM4800 main board. I'm sure this would have been resolved just by swapping the dsp chips with good ones.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.