DM4800 with FW (MKII) > Monterey

Rolof Tilanus

Gear owned
DM4800 +FW (MKII)
Hello All,

I'm totally new to the DM4800 with the MKII firewire card.
I have been reading that people get it running with Catalina. But can anybody tell me if it can run under Monterey. I can't seem to find any driver for the firewire that can be installed. Is there a trick.
Thanks

Solved,
The latest driver on the Tascam site is running 'out of the box'. So there was no need for manual installation as I read in most of the posts. Audio and control is running fine with my Mac Pro 6.1 (monterey) Haven't had issues yet. Only the Load meter in Cubase is hooping around from 15 to 20%. But I can't detect a decrease in performance when actually playing songs. (Maybe a graphical issue ???)

FYI, there are a few threads w this kind of question about FireWire on recent Mac OS, perhaps this could help?

Dear all,

I found the solution myself:

- uninstall any OSX firewire driver using the uninstaller
- install the OSX firewire driver 1.10 (very old!), just to enable installing the FW card firmware
- install the FW card firmware (the driver version is now recognized!), which works smoothly
- if needed: remove the OSX firewire 1.10 driver and install the newest available driver for the OSX version.

The >digital>Slot>version now reflects Firmware ver 1.10, build 88695. Result!

New threads

Members online