DP-004 Master Recording sounds great till exported

Chris Morris

Gear owned
DP-004
Hi, hope someone can help me here with my second hand DP-004.

I have recorded several tracks, bounced and added more tracks then created a Master Recording. The sound quality of this is fine when played on the DP-004. But when I export it to a computer it sounds terrible. A constant tone is turned into a oscillating tone. Odd as the Master sounds ok. I've tried recording at lower levels and it doesn't seem to be an overload problem.
Could my unit be faulty?
Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
It's annoying as I can't get it to my computer as an mp3.
I will check out the firmware tonight and see if an update will help.
Hope someone can suggest something.
Cheers
Chris

maybe export the original as a data backup and share the file. I have a DP-006, I can try to import it, otherwise someone with a DP-004 can do it, and then chck if there is a problem in the original data.

Reactions: Chris Morris
Thank you axd1967 for your suggestion. I got to thinking, it was fine before I changed to a 2GB SD (non-branded) card so I changed it back to the original 1GB and it worked fine. So, I bought another 2GB SD card (branded) to try which also worked fine. It seems the unit is very sensitive to poor quality SD cards.
Odd as it sounded fine when recorded, even sounded fine when played back on the unit but oscillated badly when exported. Lesson learned, use quality SD card, you get what you pay for!
Hope others find this useful.

New threads

Members online