DP-006 Downloading problem

Deepgeezer

Gear owned
DP-006
Hi, looking for some help , I’ve had myDP-006
unit for a couple of years now, and never had a problem. Just dusted it off again and done some recording. Problem is when i hook up the USB and download, the computer recognises it and it plays fine, that is until i disconnect the lead. It shows the file still on the Pc, but when i try to play it i get an error message 0x8007002, cant play, the item is missing or we cant get to it. I’ve been online and tried every bit of advice going but no joy. I’m not sure whether the problem is with the unit or the pc? Anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas would be much appreciated

Welcome to the forum. That error seems to be related to file corruption, so what were the exact steps you followed?
Are you disconnecting the link in the proper way? You need to 'unmount' or 'safely remove' the USB link on the computer first, then disable the link at the DP006 end, then physically disconnect the cable.
Can you still play the song on the DP006?

Thanks for the reply Phil, yes I’ve done everything the right way, ive made sure my pc is up to date etc. It’s working fine on the DP006, just the download problem. The files that download are showing as WAV files as well so it looks as though everthings been done right, just won’t play as soon as i disconnect the USB

Ok, but I repeat, what are the exact steps? How do you copy the files? Where do you copy them to? What player are you using? How do you tell the player to play the file you downloaded? etc.
It might sound pedantic, but if the computer plays the song when the link is connected but not when it's disconnected, it sounds like the computer is trying to play the file direct from the DP006 card and not the copy you've made on the computer's disc.

I’ve tried a few different players, it sends me to My Music by default but I’ve tried I tunes and Windows Media Player too. The steps I’ve taken, recorded four tracks, Used the in and out, mixed them and created a Master, exported it and then tried to load it on the pc. It’s over a year since i used it so I’m hoping I’ve forgotten something rather than it being a technical problem

I don’t seem to get the option of actually copying the files once theyre on the pc, but I don’t seem to remember having to before

Just a follow Up to the last post, it’s sorted now, it was literally down to me not copying the file once it was on my pc. I don’t remember having to do that before, i just thought it saved it automatically. Thank you so much for your advice, it’s ended a four day headache and turned out to be my own silly fault! Getting older and the memories fading a bit. Cheers

New threads

Members online

No members online now.