DP-008-EX to Reaper latency issue

Emma Boyd

Gear owned
DP 008 ex
Hi folks,

I have finally added Reaper to my workflow. Although it seems great, and I understand it will take time to find my way around it, I've hit an immediate barrier...

I've imported all 8 tracks of a song from my DP-008-EX into Reaper. They're all appearing fine and all set to a starting point of 0. When I play them back together though, there's terrible latency between the instruments and the vocals (possibly about a delay of a second on the vocals).

I've done some research and the driver has been mentioned as a possible reason (but I don't want to fork out for ASIO).

Is this something anyone has experienced before? I'm really hoping there's a quick fix.

What are you using to connect the PC to Reaper?

Its not clear to me what your problem is. Are the 8 tracks not in time between themselves, or is there a discrepancy between the 8 imported tracks and a new track being recorded in Reaper?
Or are you playing tracks from Reaper into the DP-008 with new recordings on that machine?

Supposed you exported the tracks from DP8 into its wave folder and you copied them over to the computer, first thing to check: are they in sync over the 8 original tracks just pöaying back?
If ok does the problem manifest already after import in Reaper?
If still ok: does the problem become evident after processing the files in Reaper?

Yes, please say if the vocals are one of the original 8 tracks imported from the DP-08ex, or are the latent vocals being recorded to Reaper as those original 8 tracks play back.

Reactions: dctdct
@-mjk- Thanks for the response. I'd like to try Reaper for mixing and mastering what I've recorded on my Portastudio and encountered this thread. I was wondering if this is a common problem before trying it myself.

@Radiofred since one can line up the tracks in a DAW this is a non-issue, really. I work with studio clients that use various methods for recording the tracks that I mix and master. It's quite easy to get them to line up. I use Reaper.

Reactions: Radiofred

New threads

Staff online

Members online