DP-008-EX to Reaper latency issue

Discussion in 'Digital Pocketstudios and Compact Portastudios' started by Emma Boyd, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Emma Boyd

Emma Boyd New Member

Gear:
    DP 008 ex
    Hi folks,

I have finally added Reaper to my workflow. Although it seems great, and I understand it will take time to find my way around it, I've hit an immediate barrier...

I've imported all 8 tracks of a song from my DP-008-EX into Reaper. They're all appearing fine and all set to a starting point of 0. When I play them back together though, there's terrible latency between the instruments and the vocals (possibly about a delay of a second on the vocals).

I've done some research and the driver has been mentioned as a possible reason (but I don't want to fork out for ASIO).

Is this something anyone has experienced before? I'm really hoping there's a quick fix.
  2. -mjk-

-mjk- Moderator Staff Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    What are you using to connect the PC to Reaper?
  3. Arjan P

Arjan P Veteran

Netherlands
    Gear:
    DM3200 IFFW
    Its not clear to me what your problem is. Are the 8 tracks not in time between themselves, or is there a discrepancy between the 8 imported tracks and a new track being recorded in Reaper?
    Or are you playing tracks from Reaper into the DP-008 with new recordings on that machine?
  4. dctdct

dctdct Member

Gear:
    DP-008EX DP-24
    Supposed you exported the tracks from DP8 into its wave folder and you copied them over to the computer, first thing to check: are they in sync over the 8 original tracks just pöaying back?
    If ok does the problem manifest already after import in Reaper?
    If still ok: does the problem become evident after processing the files in Reaper?
  5. spantini

spantini New Member

Florida, USA
    Gear:
    US-2x2 DP-03SD
    Yes, please say if the vocals are one of the original 8 tracks imported from the DP-08ex, or are the latent vocals being recorded to Reaper as those original 8 tracks play back.
    dctdct likes this.