DP-008 Headphone Jack Failure

tuck

Gear owned
DP-008
Hello!

Compared to most people here, I'm on inexperienced end re: audio equipment, so I'll do my best to describe this problem, but please bear with me. I also looked through the search function first, but if I missed this being covered somewhere else, I apologize.

I've had a DP-008 for about 4-5 years and used it lightly over that course of time. Recently I've become aware that it has stopped receiving audio output via the headphone jack. (Recording is still working- I've tested and gotten playback through RCA out to stereo). I've read that the jack can get blown out by connecting certain cords- I think it's possible I may have used an aux to connect it to a stereo for playback, instead of going through the RCA out. Would this have destroyed the headphone jack? If so, is it an easy fix? I've already gotten a generic quote from a technician about headphone jack repair that would be upwards of $170. Is that normal? I would probably just pay the extra $30 for a brand new model at that point.

I also had an idea to circumvent the problem by getting an RCA output to headphone adapter and using that instead of the headphone jack. Is this possible? I also believe there are headphones that can be plugged directly into RCA?

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.