Dp-008EX all of a sudden not seen by computer

Ric1

Gear owned
dp008ex
I've asked this another way elsewhere but noone's responded, so let me just ask, has anyone had a situation where there Tascam device connects fine with usb to computer, then all of a sudden doesn't (even though the tascam, in this case an 8 track digital recorder, says it's in usb mode).

Anybody had connectivity issues to the computer?

Welcome to the forum Ric. Can you describe exactly what the computer shows? If it shows the sdcard as a storage drive then the connection is ok. If it's not showing any data on the card, this is because data is stored in a special Tascam format which is invisible to standard computers. The only part of the card it can see is the FAT partition, which only gets populated when you 'export' songs or tracks to it.
By the way, can you delete the other post so you don't end up with 2 threads running in parallel - it's very confusing :) (the posts should really be in the DP008 section - digital portastudios - but we can move it later).

Phil, thank you for your response. Hey, guess what? I think my sd card was not in the slot! Opened up the sd compartment and it was hanging out. What I don't get is why the tascam indicated that the export was successful if the card wasn't in - but anyway, it's working fine now and I just exported a track to my computer. I feel like quite a dummy, but thank you for the help. I'll delete the other posts, but it was only when I posted in the interface forum that I seemed to get a reply. Anyway, I very much appreciate your help.

No worries. I'm sure you're not the first :) ... something else to add to the list of things to check.
Thanks for marking the other posts as deleted, although there should be a 'delete' button at the bottom of each post but maybe that's just for admin?

Last edited:
I didn't see the delete button (I looked) but clearly my tech ability is questionable! Would you have responded to the post in the other forum? I'm just wondering because if I hadn't reposted I'm wondering if eventually you would have answered. Because even though the card was out I wouldn't have gone back to check if you hadn't pointed out some things in your post. Anyway, thanks again.

Maybe the button is admins only; can't check as I always see it on mine :)
The correct forum wouldn't have made any difference (to me). I usually keep an eye on 'recent posts' so that covers everything and I did see your original post. I left it as I don't own a DP-008 so didn't want to speculate. It's difficult knowing how long to leave questions unanswered as you don't know how busy people are.

New threads

Members online