DP-008EX Track Full message on importing .WAV file

Martin Cook

Gear owned
DP-008ex
hello again,

Not a lot of help regarding my first issue - maybe I waffled too much?
I now have a second issue after a marginal gain with getting to grips with the DP-008EX
Having connected the unit to my PC I copied a .WAV file into the "WAVE" folder. This file is a combined piano and vocal composition that has been sent to me to add an additional part - it is recorded 16bit 44100khz as per machine requirements.
Having disconnected the DP-008EX from my PC I have taken the following steps to import the file:
MENU>IMPORT/EXPORT>IMPORT TRACK>"SONG>WAV"
the next step should be to press the "NEXT" command, but when I do this (with the hope of assigning the song to "TRACK 1" on the DP-008EX and being able to add the part using "TRACK 2"), I receive a screen message saying "TRACK FULL"
Having consulted the instruction manual that advises that "Tracks have already been recorded etc.."

Can anyone shed any light to my problem?

many thanks
martin

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum. Well, you have to take pot luck with replies I'm afraid :) - if no-one with a DP008 has seen this sort of problem there's not much they can offer. I don't have one of these machines, so for what it's worth, this is my 'dp-32' 2-cents...
I guess the track isn't really empty! Maybe you recorded something on it before and didn't realise. I would try deleting/erasing the track and retrying, or try other tracks. Failing that, create a new song to guarantee empty tracks and try again.
I seem to remember similar strange behaviour with the dp32, and this was cured by a firmware update, so that's something else to check.
Hope this helps.... and don't give up asking questions.
Update: maybe 'track full' means there is no room left on the card?

Reactions: -mjk-
Hi Phil
Thank you for your reply. I bought the machine with the hope that someone could send me a .WAV file to me to add an additional part and send the composition back to save a 50 mile trip to the studio for a small amount of work.
The message I receive states "TRACK FULL" - which according to the manual means 'all tracks have been recorded'. This is the stumbling block - I would like to import the song just a one of the tracks on the DP008EX and record my bit. I have now tried it with two other tracks and get the same "TRACK FULL" screen message, so I am thinking I must be doing something fundamentally wrong somewhere - one of the other .wav files was one I created and export from the unit I have - still the same message.
There is a video on Youtube which takes you through the steps - but obviously in that case it works!
It is just one of many teething issues I have with the machine - I am a musician not a computer buff :)
If anyone could help that would be great - but I have e-mail the main Tascam support too
Cheers
M

Wey-Hey!!
There was one golden line of text contained in your reply - my stumbling block was that I had the 'Demo Song' loaded - having just "created a new song" I can now import the .wav file(s)
Disregarding the fact that this has taken all afternoon to sort out - I am over the moon!
Brilliant
Cheers ta :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.