DP-03SD Frozen! Thinks it's still recording

amirsberlo

Gear owned
Digital Portastudio 03-SD
Hello! Hopefully someone has a miracle up their sleeve. I've been recording with this machine for some time and I've made the mistake of unplugging it before turning it off, promptly losing everything from that session.

Today I was using a foot switch remote to punch in and even though the track is stopped, it appears to be in record mode and won't let me do anything. The only functions that work are play and stop. Can't even start the song over. The track that is armed is lit up solid red as if it's recording. Anything I try to do just gives me the message "now recording", including hitting the power button.

Anyone have an answer?? I can't unplug it or take out the SD card or the song is gone. Open to any ideas!

Thanks!
Amirimage.jpg

Think your only choice is to pull the plug and lose the song. Did you reformat the SD card after the first incident? If not, maybe the card was corrupted and has caused this second problem, in which case I would start afresh and reformat the card and initialise the machine. Wouldn't have thought unplugging without shutting down cleanly would damage anything other than the SD card, so only other suggestion is maybe the card is not fully compatible - maybe try another make/model?

I'm having the same exact problem, just posted a thread about it a couple of hours ago. I'm using the exact SD card that came with the unit, a 4GB micro card, and adaptor, that came with the recorder. Perhaps I'll try a different brand SD card. Can this entire unit be initialized to factory settings?

Unfortunately I found no solution to this one. I ended up unplugging it and losing the song. But now I save after recording each individual track!

I changed my SD card, from the included generic 4 Gig mirco SD (w/adapter) to a 16 full sized Sandisc SDHC card. After using it with the new card lightly, for a couple of hours, there were no problems. I also changed one preference for the foot-switch. If the recording glitch either stops or is only occasional, but otherwise the machine lasts for a year and I get a decent amount of use out of it, I'll be satisfied. I had an 8 track hard-disc recorder/CD burner from another manufacturer, no longer in production for some time, which had worse problems, and cost considerably more than the Tascam.

I have been using a DP-03 that i bought a few years ago and last week when using the foot switch it freaked out and my song was lost. It worked normally for a few more sessions but today when using the foot switch it froze up just like the person a few posts above described. It thinks its still recording and no buttons are operational except play and stop. The record light for the track I had designated will not turn off. Push undo or try to turn the unit off it says "Still recording". I guess I'll have to unplug it and lose another 3 hours of work. Time to find a better recorder unless this can be repaired.

Hello - I literally started using my DP-03 with footswitch today... (I ran through the training/demo a few days ago... but foot switch did not arrive until yesterday)... This problem has happened at least 5 times today - I’m ‘POPing IN and Out’ a lot... I’m pretty sure I know what is causing this problem... the toe of my shoe is just 1/4 inch narrower than the central switch and I’m sure I accidentally hit one of the other switches at the same time or instead of as they are raised... I learned quickly to save and good changes and just to unplug and plug in and re-load.. I tomorrow going move the POP switch to the left hand switch then I wont hit two at the same time... because it is really annoying!

I gave up using the foot switch. I also had same problem solid red on track and only could use stop and play button because I was playing guessing games with the remote footswitch and there really isn't much of a manual on how to use it. Luckily I had saved my tracks before I unplugged the recorder. I only lost the new guitar track and re did it.Glad I did not lose the song after spending over 6 hours on it! Phew! Tascam should really look into this problem. Btw my SD card is fine.

New threads

Members online