DP-03SD - Mount Error:0C

DrHypnotic

Gear owned
DP-03SD
Hey Folks,

I am both new to digital recording and also new to the forum.

I have spent 15 years mostly using analog tape recorders and own both 4-track recorders and the famed Tascam 488 tape machine, I have loved using tape over the years but finally decided to give digital a go.

I purchased a DP-03SD from Ebay and it arrived today, I just went to the local store and purchased a Kingston 32gb SDHC card, popped it in, it asked me to format the disc, I pushed YES, then the MOUNT ERROR:OC warning came up.... How do I fix this?

please not when the SD card is out, the machine seems to find a normal homepage and I am able to adjust settings using the cursor wheel and can alter the track inputs etc.

However this MOUNT ERROR warning is a little disconcerting, any HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Are you sure you're using the Initialise function (page 59), as opposed to the Format function? The card needs to be initialised into partitions before you can format them (update - see post #4 below). It could be an incompatible or faulty card, so if you can get hold of another one to try, you can confirm the machine itself is ok - if it's 2nd-hand, you take a gamble on how much use/abuse it got. There's a list of approved cards on the Tascam web site.

Last edited:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response, I feel I may have bought a dud SD card this morning. Problem is I can't even initialise the card, as the Mount Error pops up not giving me a chance to do anything, due to needing to power off straight away.

I've ordered a new SD card from Ebay which was actually on Tascam's recommended cards list, So are you suggesting I initialise first before Formatting when the card arrives next week.

The machine despite being second hand, looks in terms of physically, as though it was barely used.... fingers crossed the electronics are good.

Oops - have re-read the manual and Initialise is used to re-format the card for use with other systems (it removes the special Tascam partitions) - sorry! You were right to use Format :) I don't have a dp03 so am only going from the manual.
I would try formatting the card on a computer just in case there are any corrupted bits on it which may be confusing the dp03 - it's a bit of a long shot but there's nothing to lose. You then need to put the card into the dp03 and format it again so that the partitions and initial songs get created. If it still says Mount Error, then sounds like the card is definitely faulty.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online