DP-03SD new owner here - please help - Mac or PC will not recognize TASCAM

oldschoolkyle

Gear owned
DP-03SD
I am not sure if I am doing this wrong or what. I am new to this type of recording device as opposed to a computer DAW. I bout the DP-03SD brand new, and have never been able to use it. I plug it into my MAC and my PC and get the same result. The TASCAM says USB connected with the little picture on the screen, but nothing pops up on my computer to place a WAV file into. I have tried it on the OPC I have as well, same result. nothing pops up, non external device is detected, nothing. and this thing is brand NEW! I bought it because I wanted something that was easier, and more straight forward and with the ability to do foot switch punch ins (bought the accompanying pedal with it) and I can't even get this thing to do the first step.

Just a quick couple things you should check.

First, do you have an SD card in there?

If it is brand new, you may have to first create a new song within the unit, while it is disconnected from the computer. Then connect it to USB afterward. I don't remember for sure but I think that may be true, and it's at least worth a try.

I do know that the USB connection relies on some prerequisites:
- There is a FAT partition on whatever card is in the unit.
- There are three folders created by the unit in the FAT partition (BACKUP, WAVE, and UTILITY if I remember right)

By the way if you do get it to work you want to put the file you want to import into WAVE.

You could try (if you have a new or blank SD card) using the menu option for formatting it. Menu > Card > Format

I agree with Brody. Try going to 'song' then 'create' (this will allow you to select a name the song) then just put down a track or two. That means there will be a file to come up on your PC when you connect it. Also a good shout to check there's an SD card in there first - they don't always come with one already installed.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.