DP 03SD

Mutley66

Gear owned
Tascam DP-03SD,
Hi all

I am very sorry for this but it must be me but i have just got a new DP-03SD 8 Track today so i can start to rekindle my musical hobbies .

I am really having an issue to just record something ,, I have created a new song, followed the manual and the sound is there, its all showing in the display the record light is blinking in track 1, great i thought , then when i press the record button and play it just dose not record its really frustrating and i just want to record a few tunes can some one please help me out please.

Welcome to the forum, and good on you for getting back to music :)
Need more details to understand your problem...
"when I press the record button and play" is a bit vague. Are you pressing them together or in order?
"it just does not record" what do you mean by this? Does the record light stop flashing? Does it stay lit? Does the transport position indicator move? etc.

Hi Phil

Thanks for getting back to me and yes I guess my post is not very clear but I'm just really keen to get back into this.

Ok I'll try and explain it better

I have set up and created a new song
I have plugged my guitar into the 1/4 Jack socket on channel A
Checked all sound levels and all sounds really good on Track 1 set the input A switch to guitar, so all good so far I thought. And the display shows all the sounds are comming through , I guess that's the transport position indicator?

Then I press the Track 1 Rec button it flashes everything is assigned correctly so it's the next bit where I am struggling.

I now wish to record a few bars

So I press and hold the
Record button then press play button however i try it just doesn't seem to record no light comes on on the record button the Track 1 rec button light still blinks i must be doing something wrong here either pressing the record button and play button wrong or not in the correct way ,, this sounds really silly I know but it's really frustrating.

Can you suggest anything please

Ok that's much clearer thanks. You seem to be doing everything correctly as far as I can tell, although I don't have the DP03, only the DP32.
According to the DP03 manual, the rec light should light up steady when recording starts. The transport indicator I referred to is the time display which shows where you are within the song. This should increase the same as it does when you just press play.
On the DP32, the manual says to press Record+Play, but in practice you only need to press Record. Either way, it doesn't seem to explain your problem.
Have you tried recording on another track?
If all else fails, you could try the Initialise function on page 56. You won't lose any recordings, but it may clear a settings which is causing your problem.
I presume you've got nothing else plugged in like a footswitch?
Hopefully someone who owns a DP03 will chime in.

Thanks Phil appreciate your advice I have nothing else plugged in and have also done the initialise function but still cannot record it must be a faulty unit which I find very strange as its brand new .. oh well thanks for trying to help out.

New threads

Members online