DP 24 sd vs DP 03 sd

Tee2

Gear owned
tascam 246,DP03, DP24.
Hey - first post. not sure if I'm following protocol here or not? . . . Old timer - recorded a couple albums worth of material over 25 years ago on a tascam 4 track cassette - was the top of the line 4 track from 1985 (yes, I'm old). Looking to get back into it again and waking up Rip Van Winkle style from a looong time away from gear and recording . . . is the learning curve on the DP-03SD 8 track much less than the DP-24 SD . . . The 24 looks intimidating but if the process is more or less the same I'd like the flexibility of the extra tracks - but ease and simplicity is important to me . . . also, does anyone run their instruments through an external mixer (ie Yamaha MG 10 or whatever) and then into the Tascam multi tracker inputs . . .as a way to sweeten your sound and take advantage of EQ and effects thru a mixer and then into the recorder? (is that even possible or practical) . . . Thanks, Tee

Reactions: -mjk-
Welcome to the Tascam Forums @Tee2.

The protocol is simple: be polite and respectful :)

Yes, many of us use mixers and other outboard gear. The DP machines can be used like any other recorder. You can use your old gear with either machine.

The process is basically the same for both machines. The DP-24/32/SD series has more capability (things like parametric EQ, more FX) and of course, more tracks.

There is a plethora of information on the forum about how to use the DP-24. As long as you read the manual, review the pinned sticky posts and watch the tutorial videos you should have no issues using the machine.

Fully understanding the intricated FX capabilities were my steepest step from the smaller 8 tracks to my actual DP-24.
This forum, as well as understanding the block diagram, did help alot.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.