DP 32 not playing back - rewinding after about 10 secs

liz manson

Gear owned
DP-32SD
Hello - when I playback, the music stops after about 10 seconds and then rewinds to the start. Before I press play the 00:00:00 time indicator flashes. Have I inadvertently told it to do that??? If I press play really quickly when it stops it plays on to the next bit, but then stops again after a few seconds and rewinds to zero.

(I so loved my 8 track tascam - this unit seems very glitchy (crashes, loses data, the punch-in sometimes lags, suddenly doesn't recognise the SD card - I've had it for about 2 years now...I'm seriously thinking of junking it and getting something else - I just don't trust it!)

My money would be on the sd-card, so I would try formatting it and starting over, or try a spare if you've got one. Most glitches seem to be due to faulty, corrupted or incompatible sd-cards or incorrect firmware version, both of which are easy to fix. Worse case is a real fault which needs servicing - there may be a problem with the sd-card socket connections, especially if you've put the card in & out many times over the years, although this is unconfirmed. Would recommend using USB where possible to reduce wear & tear just in case. Good luck and keep us posted.