DP-32SD Can you double a track and off-set the time?

Ben007

Gear owned
DP-32sd
Hello, I am using the DP-32SD and wanted to know if I can double a track and off-set the time to create the illusion that I have recorded the track twice?

I have done this using PreSounus in the past where after you double your track, you can off-set the start time by 14 Milliseconds, on only 1 of the tracks, so it sounds like it was recorded twice if you hard pan the two tracks.

I switched to Tascam because the sound quality is way better than PS, and increased workflow. :)

Any help would be great, Thanks

ahh... Thank you for your help! I was able to copy and paste a track to another blank track and jog the time to 00:00:00:00:01 prior to copying and pasting the track.

This saves a lot of time when I want to fatten up a rythem track and give the effect that it was recorded twice!

I found that it is nearly impossible to insert a new start time on a track to say.. 00:00:00:00:01 because when I push the "edit track" button, the Tascam will add time to the count ending up at 00:00:00:03:02, must be a glitch of some sort, but easy to work around.

Thanks again!

Just tried it with mine - seems to handle 00:01 ok as the destination start time. Is it something to do with the jog dial resolution? If so, you can change this by pressing the cursor keys when in Jog Play mode. The note on page 44 implies you can set any location to 1/10th frame (1/300th sec) precision.

This saves a lot of time when I want to fatten up a rythem track and give the effect that it was recorded twice!
I hope you are aware that this method can cause serious phasing issues, since the doubled track is an exact copy - always check for mono compatibility to see you don't end up without the guitar sound.. Also there are some psycho-acoustics effects making it necessary to set the delayed track louder than the first one (if you pan them L-R).

Reactions: Phil Tipping
You may want to consider buying a Mimiq doubler pedal. It splits the guitar signal input in two outputs; one slightly offset and with inverted phase from the other. I pass one output through a Zoom effect module and then in Tascam input A, hard panned left and the other output directly in Tascam input B, hard panned right and using the Tascam guitar effect. Playing and recording one guitar on two tracks sounds like two different guitars playing together.

Last edited:
You can also use the internal delay (Guitar/Delay or Send/Delay) set to 1~2ms:
* original track Send 1 full on to the Delay
* bounce the original track to an empty track with the source track fader all the way down.
This produces a doubled track on the bounce track that you can mix with the original, and you've got maximum control over level, pan, eq, etc. on mixdown. If you Bounce Send/Delay to a stereo track, you will get a more interesting double track sound. And be mindful of Arjan P's warning if you think your final mix may end up in mono rather than stereo.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.