Soundaholic
From
7 miles west of the Middle Of Nowhere
Website
www.soundclick.com
Gear owned
2488's, DP-32 & -008(ex)
Thought I'd share:
Bein' an "older fella" (which, among other things, entails being blind as a bat), I've been seeking a way to make the teeny display screen on my Tascams easier to see.

When I had 2488's, there was an adapter (called an HGR2488) that you could buy for about 100 scoots that wired into the unit's screen-feed, and output the display in full color for connection to a fullsize computer monitor.
But by the time I got this blind, they'd long since been discontinued.

NOW I have the DP-32, which does have a very nice full-color display...but it's still TEENY.

So I came up with a barn-job solution: I bought one of those $10 iPad-holder goosenecks; positioned it over the DP's display; and have my ages-old (read: "not good for much else") iPad Mini pointed right at the screen, so that when I'm standing/moving around in the studio, I can see a much larger image of the screen at a glance.
It's a pretty low-tech hack/solution, but dang if it don't werk...

Photos linked:
DP w gooseneck/bracket:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mrzifq6xVZiB8e7kwkpdB87oU8VRVbKj/view?usp=share_link

DP w iPad display:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IhRIF8iyOJhVi4DFH9-QwxZuoTRPcxkv/view?usp=share_link

Looks better that I expected.

Reactions: shredd
Looks better that I expected.
I've been experimenting.
The photos linked show the iPad using the "Camera" app...but I d'loaded a couple of magnifiers from the AppStore, and they look even better.

The OTHER thing: it's about a foot above the DP, in order to NOT be in my way when I'm actually sitting at the desk working on the DP (and looking at the little screen directly). So it's "zoomed" in, which degraded the image.

If I were to put it just 4-6" over the display, it would appear as large as the iPad Mini's screen (about 8"?) - but sharp as the Webb 'scope! Gonna experiment with that too.

Last edited:
10 points for creativity! Looks very useful indeed.

Reactions: -mjk-
So @shredd, now you got no excuse for not making YouTube videos!

So @shredd, now you got no excuse for not making YouTube videos!
Hehee...you mean, OTHER than a physical appearance that frightens small children and sends all but the loneliest and neediest of wimmin screaming to the nearest convent?!?:p
Actually, I have dabbled in vids - mostly using my iPhone perched on a mic stand with one of those flexy spider-leg tripods. Worked fine!

Thing is - I never got particularly creative with them, and never developed the wish/need to elevate my video-making "style"...and never had anyone 'shooting' them, so they actually looked like a video.
And while I've dug y/tube almost since the beginning, I NEVER had much interest/fascination in most forms of "social" media, and I deem the current state of y/tube (insert grouchy old man warning here) to be a vile sump/wasteland of advertising, self-absorbed media hawrs, and garbage "content" that makes TikTok look like a Renaissance of modern culture.:rolleyes:

So what you'll see on my 'channel' is a smattering of rainy-day boredom-projects...last couple years or so, mostly studio-audio projects as I learned my way around my DP-32...
I’m actually more interested in posting at my SoundClick page…

Last edited:
Reactions: dctdct
BEAUTIFUL Martin 12 string!

BEAUTIFUL Martin 12 string!
Thnx...it's the pride of my stable. 2018 HD12-28. Bought Christmas Eve day after pining for it for about as long as (some) American politicians have been filthy lying scumbags (read: "forever"!).

Though off-topic, I'll relate a kewt story:
I bought it at the only REAL git'r shop/luthiery within several hundred miles of my remote home. Shop owned by an old friend who's a "real" git'rist (compared to most of us) and expert luthier. He's an auth'd Martin dealer and has at least 100 git'rs in his shop (including vintage) at any time, and has probably had a 1000 git'rs go through his shop since I bought this one.
So: I was recently there visiting (first time since pandemic!), and mentioned that I still have & treasure the '12 that I'd so carefully picked out...without blinking, he said "OH yeah...I remember that guitar"!!!
It's just beautiful, sounds like heaven, and plays like warm butter.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Way back when, the Roland VS 2480 had VGA out. These MTR producers have always known that video out to a larger screen would be successful.

https://www.roland.com/us/products/vs-2480/

I think the DAW manufacturers are paying the MTR manufacturers not to put the VGA, HDMI, USB Video on these units:):D:p:LOL:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.