DP008EX Gets stuck on exporting tracks &/or master

Patti Merrington

Gear owned
DP-008ex
I have a Tascam DP-008EX and lately I've been having trouble exporting tracks and my master to the
Fat32 partion of my SD card. It says it's exporting but after hours it still hasn't completed the export. I eventually have to shut the Tascam down when I check the Fat32 partition on my computer some of the tracks are there but not all of them. Yesterday I tried to export the master and the same thing happened. I don't think it's my SD card as it's fairly new. Anyone else come across this

Those processes are reading data from the hidden MTR partitions on the sd-card and writing to the FAT partition so they can be read by a computer.
First thing I would try is reformat the FAT partition. You won't lose anything important as the partition only exists to enable computer access.
If this doesn't work, check the FAT partition is large enough to hold the files you're trying to export. You can adjust the sizes allocated to the various partitions when you set up the card for the first time. I don't have a DP-008 so don't know if changing sizes will lose data; my guess would be yes, in which case it won't help with this particular problem.
If it's a problem with the MTR files, I don't know what to suggest as it's a private format used by Tascam, and as far as I know, there are no tools in the public domain for accessing it.
Good luck.
By the way, this post needs moving to the Digital Pocketstudios and Compact Portastudios section.

Reactions: Patti Merrington
I have a Tascam DP-008EX
You're most likely to receive a timely response if you post your inquiries in the correct sub-forum, where it can be read by other users of your system.;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Phil I’ve done everything you suggested and still no luck. There must be a problem with the MTR partition. The first mix down, mastering and exporting of THOSE files to the Fat32 are usually trouble free. What my husband (who is blind hence that’s where my visual help comes in) then does is remix and remaster the song without the vocal tracks to use as a backing sequence when he performs live. This is when we run into the export issues. It won’t export those tracks or the master and I can’t even back up the song. The wheel just sits and spins for hours until I finally have to just power off the machine.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.