Dp24/32-backup-mess up-oh crap

Vaughn

Gear owned
DP-24SD
ok gang, noobie "old guy" here with an issue that I'm not sure if it can be fixed. As the saying goes, "...a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"...and I really don't want to lose this set of songs. First off, I want to thank and praise the shared knowledge and wisdom from PhiI Tipping, MJK, Mark Richards, et. al.
So, let me start by saying I have little computer or DP24 skills/knowledge (which will become obvious). when it comes to recording, I am an "analog-a-saurus" (mic-console-tape). I hope that I can make myself clear in the following description of my issues.
First off, I wanted to backup a group of songs to the computer. I moved all the selected songs into one folder which I presume was the song folder. I then copied that folder (I thought) to the computer's C drive. However, due to my ignorance I didn't realize I was still looking at the computer's external G drive (DP 24). Then, because I copied the song folder, I deleted what I thought was the original folder. I then named this new folder for storage in the computer. Now, when I enable the usb link I see the Utility folder; Music folder; and the Audio Depot folder, (in the G drive on the computer). When I open the Music folder, I see my "template " song, another song I moved as a test, and the folder I named "Song". (When Song is opened/selected, I can see the seven songs along with their ZZ files). Is it still possible to move these songs to the computer for storage? And, more importantly, will I be able to move them back individually to the DP24? I have a host of other questions but I'll save those for another day.

Hi and thanks for the kind words. The files under each song folder under the MUSIC folder hold all the info for that song. They are self-contained entities so as long as you don't mess with the underlying files, you should be able to move song folders back & forth, and even rename them subject to using simple alphanumeric folder-names. Whatever folders exist under the MUSIC folder will appear as 'songs' when you go to Menu, Songs. If you've created further sub-folders under the song folder, the machine won't understand them (it won't be able to load the songs) so you'll have to move those folders up a level. If you have the step-by-step guide, section 3.45 shows the complete folder and file structure on the sd-card.

Last edited:
Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online

No members online now.