DP24 BAR navigation inaccurate (v.1.15)

Oakmasta

Gear owned
DP-24
I am really disappointed with my DP24. I want to be able to record a simple beat(4/4), then copy and paste it.

I am using the metronome with bar display on.

I use MIDI to sync the clock and press rec to record a kick drum playing 4 times in a bar.

The MIDI clock is sent before the audio is recorded. This means that the whole audio is out of sync with the BAR display. The first kick is cut off, and when navigating to the beginning of the next bar (02-01), the timeline is placed in the middle of the kick.

This makes it impossible to edit the audio in bars and beats.

Since the audio signal starts recording BEFORE the DP-24's timeline start, this is guaranteed to be a DP-24 internal issue.

Suggested sollution:
Add a setting to offset the MIDI clock signal in the MIDI menu.

I am using firmware 1.15 with a supported Sandisk Extreme 32GB (Class 10, U3).

Any response from Tascam rep?

Last edited:
I have mailed Tascam about this issue, they have passed it on to the product team. Will update here with their response.

In the meantime, if anyone else is frustrated over this issue:

I found a way to sync the recordings to bar! It's definately not optimal at all, but atleast the machine is no longer a piece of junk on my desk.

I noticed that if you are playing the song with "repeat" active and press record, it will record in sync with the MIDI clock.

This ONLY works when repeat is active, which gives me hope that this issue actually can be fixed pretty easily since the DP-24 already is able to sync perfectly.

Now if a firmware developer could just put a couple of hours into look into why it syncs with repeat active, and replicate that behaviour without repeat.. It's a minor fix that would make all the difference!

Just wanted to add that the start point of the repeat loop must be at the very start of the track, or it will not work.

Shame on you Tascam!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.