DP24SD Faulty Fader

JJHoppard

Gear owned
DP24SD
Hi Folks, Newbie here,

I wonder if you can help. I have a DP24SD which was purchased at the beginning of 2019.

Today I've found that the track 3 fader does not accurately control the level of track 3 in the mix. The actual level of track 3 twitches up and down in the mixer screen (and audibly in the mix) and only occasionally correlates to where I've set the track 3 fader.

This is a great shame and renders track 3 pretty much useless. The machine has had extremely light home use only and has eren kept in a Thomann hard case, so I'm confident I haven't done anything to break it.

Is this a known fault? Do you have any advice on how to fix my otherwise brilliant machine?

Do you have the most current firmware version installed (V1.07 for the DP-24SD)?

Reactions: -mjk-
Hi Mark, I suspect I don't as I have never checked or run an update. Is it easy to do?

Yes. Instructions and file are on the TASCAM DP-24SD support page.

Reactions: -mjk- and JJHoppard
Hi Mark, I've updated the DP-24SD to the latest firmware and the problem with track 3 fader is still happening. Any thoughts? Could it be a mechanical thing to do with the fader itself?

Many thanks to you and anyone who can help.

Initialize your DP-24SD to restore it to factory defaults, format a blank, unused, TASCAM approved SD card in your unit, and use the default song created during formatting to check for the problem.

If the issue is still there, the next most likely possibility is a small amount of dust or lint in the fader track. You'll need Deoxit for that. It's a cleaner/lubricant made specifically for electronic equipment. You may want to search this forum for more info on Deoxit if you're not familiar with it.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.