DP32SD can manage new SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-II card?

Guttalaser

Gear owned
ipad/iphone mic.
Anyone know if the DP32SD can manage the new hi-capacity SD card like the
SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-II 512GB (it's a C10, U3, V30 card with read 95mb/s and write 90mb/s)

Don't know if it's ever been tested with SDXC, but my intuition tells me ... no. I think the best you'll do is 32gb SDHC. It has to do with addressing capacity. I believe if you formatted that card you'd only get 32gb of addressable storage. Not sure why you'd ever need/want that much capacity (512GB), though. Smaller capacity, multiple cards, more frequent backups is the way I do it.

The question starts by the observation that all the Sandisk in the "Tested Media List" are with a "J" in the 3 digits final code of the parts# but what i can find on Amazon (Italy) is with a "G".
So I think that the Tested Media List is a bit outdated and maybe the top capacity at the time of the Test was only 32GB.
So I asked about the 512... just for exaggerate, but the same question is valid for 125GB, 256GB and so on. The real meaning between the lines is: "can manage more than 32GB?"
About the smaller capacity and multiple cards, yes I agree with you... but is 1 of the 2 ways (and the 1 don't override the 2): one way is the smaller capacity with multiple back-ups, while the second way is 1 card with non limits room for as many test, mixing versions as you want.
I'm projecting an all-in-one flightcase for the DP32SD + cables + mics + headphones ready to go for field recording in many locations, so one BIG card inside the DP32SD is something I would use in this case.

None of the cards listed by Tascam are SDXC. You seem to be missing the point that SDHC and SDXC use different disk formats ... FAT32 vs exFAT. But call Tascam, and let them tell you.

I fail to see how carrying a stack of SDHC cards is problematic.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.