DR-07X - recording data limited to 2GB?

michvog

Gear owned
Tascam DR-07X
Hello to you all.

I´m Michael and new here.
I´ve bought the Tascam DR-07X for to have a nice possibility to check my own singing & piano- and guitar playing.
It makes a good job.

But I bought this unit for record the sessions of my gospel choir too.
I found out, the data volume of one recording session is limited to 2 GB so there´s only ca. 1h recording time possible.
I really don´t want to walk from my tenor group to the DR-07X to start recording again - wether if at a concert or not.

How can I fix the problem? Is there a solution to have the recording time unlimited? Or increased to 8GB or something like that?

Best regards, Michael

Welcome Michael !

Maybe there is an option to start a new file automatically?

A lot of Tascam products do this, sorry I don't know your unit but maybe there is a menu option?

The other option,and again I apologise as I don't know this unit,is to use a remote control to start stop recording?
I do this with my DR40 to stop and start each new song.

Reactions: michvog
Hi.

Thank you.
The DR-07x is not possible to be controled by a remote.
But it makes uninterrupted recordings by starting new sessions again and again.
This is ok for me.
Remote would be great, I´ve not asked for by buying the DSR-07x. Doesn´t matter.

Bregs Michael

Reactions: BazzBass
@michvog If this Tascam is anything like the others, it is only the file size that is limited to 2GB. That is not the volume of one recording session because the unit will continue recording and automatically create a second 2GB file, and a third, etc..

It might even be recommendable to chose a smaller file size, so if things go wrong you have more recorded data retained.

New threads

Members online